Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes, I have 3 core engines and I spent a lot of time researching parts. The big money is a intake, cams, and crank. The 6.2 also uses 2 spark plugs per cylinder and 1 cop to fire both. Firing order is the same as the coyote so ignition isn't a big deal. I do believe 1k hp is easily obtainable just need $$$. I estimated about 25k to get it off the ground. BTW I have 3 core engines for sale.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
4.53 bore spacing on the 6.2 engine and 4.38 bore spacing sbf. The 6.2 engine intake mounts flat like a coyote so you have to transition to a 45* and taper in .150. Also have to work around the cop as well. I made some wooden templates and it took about 2 weeks in the evenings to get something close. Plan was to make and have someone 3D scan and machine to aluminum.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I also spoke to Whipple about their s/c kit. It is only offered with a 2.9l s/c and I asked about a 4.0l deal. I would have to buy lower intake, supercharger and try to make an adapter to put it together. The bolt pattern on the superchargers are different. Then work on pulley alignment.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
U need a friend with a CNC machine. I'd look around in the area.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Seems like a few of you guys have explored the option and still nobody has done anything. Which worries me some but hey, somebody has to do it first.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Seems like a few of you guys have explored the option and still nobody has done anything. Which worries me some but hey, somebody has to do it first.
Being first costs lots of money...I found that out messing with the 3valve mod motors. You can make anything happen with enough work and cash. Heck I've got a coyote with a blow through carb on it...why? Why not? I just like doing different stuff.

I don't know why 420cid would be that difficult with a stock 6.2 block. Modular 5.4's can be built to about 390cid and that's with a 3.75" bore max...excluding Kaase's crazy 409" engine master unicorn. Bore on a 6.2 is over 4" correct?

Darkmatter... Did they mention why the rods were $5k ? Thats nearly Ti prices unless they had a proprietary design made for future sales.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
400ci is easily obtainable. bore out .065 to 4.08 and offset grind crank by .008 for 3.82 stroke. You can then use any 6.125 long by 2.000 big end rod. Even factory dimension rods are not pricey. Manley offers a h-beam for 800 and a severe duty for 1300 a set. Also std. and oversize valves. Manley and Diamond have pistons. ARP has main and head studs. Melling has oil pump and water pump is the same as 2 valve engines so plenty of options for electric w/p.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That was a post from a young man on a Ford forum. I lost interest when Steve said a resleeve was out. My idea was the same as the post above..offset crank and re harden by Mile High Crankshaft. 4.0 crank would be nice...416-418 same as a ls3 stroker.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
would like to see what a stock 6.2 on 14 psi would do, if it would hold up, that would be 800+hp..simple no big dollar intakes or cranks and cams...boost until it took a shit

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
F-150 Raptor guys are making 650 rear wheel hp and that is with 35" tall tires. Don't forget that is a 4x4. Stock engine with 2.9L whipple and 93 octane. So how much at the crank with 10psi ?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Being first costs lots of money...I found that out messing with the 3valve mod motors. You can make anything happen with enough work and cash. Heck I've got a coyote with a blow through carb on it...why? Why not? I just like doing different stuff.

I don't know why 420cid would be that difficult with a stock 6.2 block. Modular 5.4's can be built to about 390cid and that's with a 3.75" bore max...excluding Kaase's crazy 409" engine master unicorn. Bore on a 6.2 is over 4" correct?

Darkmatter... Did they mention why the rods were $5k ? Thats nearly Ti prices unless they had a proprietary design made for future sales.
I don't see how 427 C.I. Would not be possible. If you can get 408 out of a 9.2 deck Cleveland and 427 ot of a 9.5 deck Windsor, both with 4.38 bores???

It's JUST money! LOL!

·
Registered
104 Posts
F-150 Raptor guys are making 650 rear wheel hp and that is with 35" tall tires. Don't forget that is a 4x4. Stock engine with 2.9L whipple and 93 octane. So how much at the crank with 10psi ?
Link please.. I can't see that crank lasting at 10psi, maybe 5 or 6 psi max. I'd like to hear some success stories that they have been running for years.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
How much boost?
I had a 2012 150, bought it new, swapped the 5.0 for 6.2 in 2016, put a 2.9 Whipple , ran great , broke a few rockers arms, dropped a an intake valve and that was the end, Ran 12-16 lbs of boost crank held up fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So the crank doesn’t seem to be the problem below say 800hp. Has anyone broken a rotating assembly? For ANY reason? High miles, boost, bad tune and broke a rod? Has one even broken yet? The LS stock crank isn’t forged and it hold very well. No reason this one can’t also just nobody has done it. If the crank is solid then you can just buy that Manley rod/piston set up. And be solid for a good long while with some boost.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
My experience with the 6.2 is limited, the crank should hold to at least 800 , look at the G3 hemis and the ls when people boost stockers it's the crap above the cast crank that fails. If it were me, I'd go the manley drop in route and boost to 14lbs and have some fun.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts