Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most anybody has seen on 93 octane in a V8. What was the combination. We've done a bunch of 1000+ hp smallblocks on pump but really haven't seen much in bigger cubic inch stuff. Just curious how high people have gotten.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i ran 7.9's at around 180 while still on pump gas with a csu carb with very low intake temps thanks to an awesome water to air cooler. I think the car was around 3200lb back then.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
yea its pretty crazy. i do like how they show you getting the fuel but really they could have just changed the different dyno runs on the screen lol i believe it was pump gas just saying

·
Registered
524 Posts
what is the most anybody has seen on 93 octane in a V8. What was the combination. We've done a bunch of 1000+ hp smallblocks on pump but really haven't seen much in bigger cubic inch stuff. Just curious how high people have gotten.
any quarter mile time on any of those 1000hp pumpgas small blocks?? And when you say pumpgas do you mean pumpgas ONLY...or pumpgas with meth or a mix of race??

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Made 1778 rear wheel HP on my buddies car. 93 octane through the mufflers with air cleaners on. It was the Dynomax muffler dyno shootout in 08'

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any quarter mile time on any of those 1000hp pumpgas small blocks?? And when you say pumpgas do you mean pumpgas ONLY...or pumpgas with meth or a mix of race??

pump gas only. we've done over 1200 with pump and meth.

unfortuneatly none of these cars are set up for drag racing, all street cars basically dyno queens. The one went to the track and run like a 10.2 at 155.

We're looking a build a little brother to my methanol engine for pump gas. 650-670 cid with twin pro mod 88's on pump for a street car. Just looking to see what has been done.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made 1778 rear wheel HP on my buddies car. 93 octane through the mufflers with air cleaners on. It was the Dynomax muffler dyno shootout in 08'

that Falcon is badass for sure.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Are you going to try yours out on Pump Gas?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
My stock engine'd GT500 makes about 1000 on the nose with 91. Put ice in the IC for it. Had some left in it. AFR's were still in the 9's when I quit trying for more with the stock rods lol.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My stock engine'd GT500 makes about 1000 on the nose with 91. Put ice in the IC for it. Had some left in it. AFR's were still in the 9's when I quit trying for more with the stock rods lol.
How fast it go??

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Getting a 4 wheel alignment tomorrow. Upgraded everything in the rear but the 8.8 case, but tubes and all. Made a 3 link look like a 4 link back there with the adjust ability lol. Just getting time to it get back together. Excited to find out. I'd be happy to see 9's out of this 4,000lb turd lol.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Had a customer make a touch over 900whp with an EVO on straight 93oct. 2000+ should be cake with that size engine, turbos, and good parts!

·
Registered
49,543 Posts
pump gas only. we've done over 1200 with pump and meth.

unfortuneatly none of these cars are set up for drag racing, all street cars basically dyno queens. The one went to the track and run like a 10.2 at 155.

We're looking a build a little brother to my methanol engine for pump gas. 650-670 cid with twin pro mod 88's on pump for a street car. Just looking to see what has been done.
I want to build something similar for my 69 charger, but with predator BBM heads, 600ci and a pair of 94's. I figure a combo like this with the proper chamber shape etc and a good dose of rpm could make near 2000hp if your willing to spin the crank. Smaller bites.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Getting a 4 wheel alignment tomorrow. Upgraded everything in the rear but the 8.8 case, but tubes and all. Made a 3 link look like a 4 link back there with the adjust ability lol. Just getting time to it get back together. Excited to find out. I'd be happy to see 9's out of this 4,000lb turd lol.
Mmm.... whats ur boost level? There is no way your car makes 1000it hp on pump gas, sorry but I just hate so see people talk out of their ass.... what's done to the suspension?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any Sb on pumpgas out there that actually make a pass after they get off the dyno??? Lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts