Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mintons Revolution Racing BASH at the Valley-
Adding to our list: Hard Tire No Prep presented by Anarchy No Prep. Bombtrack Fabrication Big Tire presented by DEEZ NUTZ.

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-

So all that remains without any sponsorship are:

Small Tire no prep

6.50 index

7.50 index

Jr Dragster( 2 groups)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
Don't have all my info for what I would like to have announced last night so I'll drop a couple other bombs.

26's. Any 26" tire unless you are Big Block Boosted. BB forced induction must run on a 26×8.5 or 235. Please make a seperate post for tears, we dont want to drown.

There will be no Invitational team race. I had 3 new gray hairs in my beard this morning and I'm over it.
Maybe we will do something else for the slower guys who do work on the streets and shitty tracks week end and week out.

There will be reserved parking and camping spots again. Sponsors get priority.

DXP235 havent asked Mr. Sears if we can use that name or not. If you guys want a place to race you make your race, I'll host it and kick in some money.

X275..... you guys are probably too cool for me ☹

Announcement regarding track prep coming soon.

That is all for now.

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-

In response to the pm's I've been getting reguarding invitational, street style, and no prep races at my event.

First and foremost Turkey Bash began 8 or 9 years ago as a track rental to pull some steam off the street locally. I had over 10 years in at my job which requires driving.
Jeramie Mattingly beating on my roof telling me to Go! Go! Go! As im purging down waiting for Boots to stage up was a wake up call.
We were doing too much. It was hot around here. I rented the track, we threw some stuff together on a Thanksgiving weekend and Turkey Bash started.
Like everything it evolved. Cars got fast, word got around, people came from all over.
We outgrew our birth place. We moved to another track. A nicer surface. Further away from where we started.
Many of the same people we started with have evolved with the event. I'm not sorry for that. Its life.
We try to keep some of the feel of where we started with NO PREP NIGHT. It is what it is though. Its not the street.
You arent the coolest kid on the block with a pack of Marlboro reds rolled up in your sleeve screaming FUCK THE POLICE!.
What it is, is IF we can get a group of like racers to do what they do, able to bring their friends, and family to watch.... safely.... and free from persecution.... well its a good time.
The "No Prep" groups at Turkey Bash arent for everyone. They are a throwback to where we started but like any throwback they're on new material.
If and when I release any info on any groups like this at Turkey Bash this year it'll be a certain set of rules for a certain group of cars to achieve a certain type of race.
For everyone else there will be Big Tire, Small Tire, Hard Tire..... maybe index.
I'll revert back to the saying the O.G.'s of the underground screamed over and over.... "GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN!"

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
News-4-U....Turkey BASH update...7/18/19

Hard Tire No Prep presented by Anarchy No Prep

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
Rules and payouts for all groups will be posted by August 1st! Hard tire guys step on in.
Tire rule is posted. No size restrictions.... tread wear rating must be identifiable on the sidewall.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
Sent out the last of the sponsorship agreements this morning I think. Thank you to all involved this year.
Ill be making the last changes today and we gonna turn it up to 5011! May go live this evening... dunno. No way I could feel that cute

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
There will be powerwheel races for kids of all sizes (including persons classified by law as adults) this year at The Mintons Revolution Racing Turkey Bash 2K19.
Lets not go overboard with the kids rides. Absolutely no gas motor swaps. No more than 2 batteries please.
Lets not build anything that would affect the track surface and everyone must wear helmets with no exceptions please.... remember the terrible crash we had last year :)))
We abused Bill Hoskinson format last year and will do so again this year. Thanks Bill.

Edit: After little thought this could be the most epic conglomeration of fail possible. Adults will be on Friday night only and I stress helmets again.

Ohio Valley Dragway
http://www.ohiovalleydragway.com/

Mintons Revolution Racing BASH at the Valley
https://www.facebook.com/Mintons-Revolution-Racing-BASH-at-the-Valley-447534192055787/

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
270-312-0691 or https://www.facebook.com/charlie.bennett.1829

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
Had fun on Snapchat but seriously... Im required to have extra port-a-johns and a big dumpster for this race so I called on Jody Jones again.
He said no problem. If you require port-a-johns or dumpsters for your project call Jody at Driveway Dumpsters! Thank you Holeshot.

This Wednesday July 24th is the absolute deadline to submit sponsorship information! We have to have it to get on the shirts and flyers!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
News-4-U....Turkey BASH update...7/22/19

JR. DRAGSTER

JR. DRAGSTER currently has no sponsor or presenting sponsor. They will race and we will pay them.
We would cut small tire before we cut the kids out. Thank you in advance to all the parents who continue to support.
Anyone interested in racing please remember its free entry and the rules are the same as any other Jr. Dragster race so any drama that could accompany will be dealt with accordingly.
Please remember your kids are watching and so are everyone elses.

The best policy for dealing with any drama over your childs learning experience will be "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Ohio Valley Dragway
http://www.ohiovalleydragway.com/

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
Tomorrow is the deadline for sponsors to submit their info. I do have a couple more I'm waiting on for logos before I finalize and blow it up.
Thank you everyone who contributed. Our little event is growing again. Its rough to change venues and continue to build.

Edit: Prepped Big Tire is kinda on the chopping block. No sponsor.:sad:

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-

Still looking for commitments for a 32 car big tire no prep. October 25th at Turkey Bash. I think i have 17 names so far. 10g payout

Edit: full tube chassis top sportsman and pro mod cars need not apply

1. Drew Tarr
2. Joey Brewer
3. Bill Lutz
4. Matthew Farmer
5. Larry Riley
6. Tim Baily
7. Ryan Hendrickson
8. Brandon Dye
9. Steve Bills
10. Frank Sari
11. Dan Germanovich
12. Rankins Relic
13. Doug Spaulding
14. Jeff Thompson
15. Scott Smith
16. Ryan Acker
17. Richard Talley
18. Kenny Small
19. Chris Smith
20. Allen Crothers

Note- If I open it up.... I'm inclined to believe some would drop. We will continue with this rule set... If there not enough interest we will try it the other way.

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)- @ 270-312-0691 or https://www.facebook.com/charlie.bennett.1829

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
Well.... this ought to spice things up a whittle bit!

Thanks to Mintons Revolution Racing, Kurt Johnson will bring Total Venue Concepts BACK to
The Valley for The Mintons Revolution Racing Turkey Bash 2K19
to handle surface prep for Thursday testing, Friday No Prepping, and Saturday's full boogie prepped Bash!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Charlie Bennett (BRWP)-
All rules have been posted on The Mintons Revolution Racing Bash at the Valley page EXCEPT Extreme Street

Oct 25TH NO PREP NIGHT

Oct 26TH RADIAL PREPPED

NOTE RACERS- Lil John's Motorsports Extreme Street would fall under RADIAL PREPPED

Mintons Revolution Racing BASH at the Valley... https://www.facebook.com/Mintons-Revolution-Racing-BASH-at-the-Valley-447534192055787/

Ohio Valley Dragway... http://www.ohiovalleydragway.com/

Charlie Bennett (BRWP)- 270-312-0691 or https://www.facebook.com/charlie.bennett.1829?epa=SEARCH_BOX

21 - 40 of 91 Posts