Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
36,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The video's been discussed to death but I'm still not understanding what was going through that cop's mind. Did he snap? Tired of fighting crime in the street every day, dealing with dopers, and finally lost it when he encountered Floyd, someone with an extensive record and someone he apparently knew? Sure didn't look like it.

He kneeled on that guy's neck as nonchalant as can be...occasionally looking as his watch, as if to see how long it would take for Floyd to become unresponsive (about 6 minutes) and then gave it extra time (about 3 minutes) to ensure he was dead. Looked around as if were a job he had to complete, rather than a combative reaction to a violent crime taking place....no words...no look of rage...no look of fright...no adrenalin-rush air about him....just calmly took the guy out as witnesses watched and videotaped....

That cop had - HAD - to have known what the aftermath would hold for him....HAD to have known he would be hit with some type of wrongful-death charge...HAD to know he was being filmed and within minutes the whole world would watch what he was doing....HAD to have known the violent reaction from blacks that was a dead cinch to follow....HAD to have known his life was no longer worth a dime...HAD to have known what awaited him in the prison he was bound to be put in, either years of solitary confinement or less than 24 hours to live if placed in GP....

So WHY? Did he hate street crime...or blacks...or himself...that bad? The answer is in there somewhere....I just can't envision what it is. And you say?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Only he knows what he was thinking. Senior LEOs develop a very indifferent attitude to fighting bad guys & simply resign themselves to it being part of the job. Unless "they" can prove a connection as to why he wanted to kill him, my GUESS is he simply looked at it as another fight--ethnicity was irrelevant. Now WHY he had that outlook, you can assess pretty fairly based on job, work history, home life & experiences on the job. I'm more curious why the 4-day OIT (officer in training) did nothing. Does that PD actually NOT teach/encourage what to do in cases of bad behavior or or excessive force?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Because you are an asshole.

This was once a car site, now it is a racist site.
Well thats not to difficult when every white guy in America is considered a racist these days. Blacks always like to point the finger and yell racist at every opportunity but completely FAIL to acknowledge all the problems that they bring on themselves. So Fuck You. Your just as racist as everybody else.

·
Gas Passer
4,898 Posts
Carl, the guy had 17 complaints of excessive force prior to this incident. I'm guessing he was just one of the few bad cops out there. There are so many rumors flying around, who knows what to believe. Did you hear they worked together at a club as bouncers/security? I don't know that I believe that because George never called him by name. One thing is certain, that was cold blooded murder, and the cop is either going to jail, or ending his own life before going to jail...I'm guessing the latter.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I think he simply wasn't gonna do what the bystanders were telling him to do no matter the consequences.

·
Registered
36,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carl, the guy had 17 complaints of excessive force prior to this incident. I'm guessing he was just one of the few bad cops out there. There are so many rumors flying around, who knows what to believe. Did you hear they worked together at a club as bouncers/security? I don't know that I believe that because George never called him by name. One thing is certain, that was cold blooded murder, and the cop is either going to jail, or ending his own life before going to jail...I'm guessing the latter.
Yeah, I heard and I agree with everything you're saying. I still don't understand, though, that as sorry as that cop was/is, why he'd deliberately throw the rest of his life in the trash....if he wanted Floyd dead for whatever reason, he likely could have pulled it off without the whole world watching him do it.

·
Registered
19,821 Posts
I think he was arrogant too. He was the experienced pro, knew what he was doing, how to handle criminals, didn’t need to listen to anyone else....and kinda just didn’t give a fuck.

·
Gas Passer
4,898 Posts
Yeah, I heard and I agree with everything you're saying. I still don't understand, though, that as sorry as that cop was/is, why he'd deliberately throw the rest of his life in the trash....if he wanted Floyd dead for whatever reason, he likely could have pulled it off without the whole world watching him do it.
Maybe he was just too stupid to know he was suffocating him. Maybe he has had numerous encounters with George Floyd. In the end, George was subdued and handcuffed and there was zero justification for what transpired. Still going to prison.

·
Gas Passer
4,898 Posts
Hopefully, he will come clean as to why he did it, but I doubt it. I personally feel he was just one of the few cops that get off on being in a position of power. Maybe he was trying to impress the younger cops with his submission skills?

·
Registered
36,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what happens to the guy now?

First off, there's been lots of calls to up the charges to Murder 1 and that'd be a mistake unless the jury is allowed to convict him of something less. Murder 1 only won't stick and he'll walk - and then, there won't be enough fire trucks in America to put out the resulting fires. Ok, so he gets convicted of Murder 2 or 3 or manslaughter...somewhere between 10 and 20 years...meaning he'll spend that length of time locked in a jail cell 23 hours a day or he'll be dead before the sun rises the day after he's incarcerated. Not exactly pleasant options. Assuming he survives that, if he's not put into the Mother Of All Protective Custody upon release, he's deader than yesterday's news as soon as he walks out that prison gate....maybe he can share a room with Casey Anthony....

I reckon that doesn't affect us; he shit in his own cook kit after all. But again, one has to wonder, WHY? Was he really that 'zoned out' that he just didn't care at the time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The video's been discussed to death but I'm still not understanding what was going through that cop's mind. Did he snap? Tired of fighting crime in the street every day, dealing with dopers, and finally lost it when he encountered Floyd, someone with an extensive record and someone he apparently knew? Sure didn't look like it.

He kneeled on that guy's neck as nonchalant as can be...occasionally looking as his watch, as if to see how long it would take for Floyd to become unresponsive (about 6 minutes) and then gave it extra time (about 3 minutes) to ensure he was dead. Looked around as if were a job he had to complete, rather than a combative reaction to a violent crime taking place....no words...no look of rage...no look of fright...no adrenalin-rush air about him....just calmly took the guy out as witnesses watched and videotaped....

That cop had - HAD - to have known what the aftermath would hold for him....HAD to have known he would be hit with some type of wrongful-death charge...HAD to know he was being filmed and within minutes the whole world would watch what he was doing....HAD to have known the violent reaction from blacks that was a dead cinch to follow....HAD to have known his life was no longer worth a dime...HAD to have known what awaited him in the prison he was bound to be put in, either years of solitary confinement or less than 24 hours to live if placed in GP....

So WHY? Did he hate street crime...or blacks...or himself...that bad? The answer is in there somewhere....I just can't envision what it is. And you say?

·
A Fine Example For Others
39,080 Posts
Officers use many different submission technics, whether taught thru training or learned from an outside source. One of my favorites is by placing your hand on the collar bone and pushing with your thumb just below the Adam's Apple.

Most people won't see that your choking the person because your hand is not around their neck.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'm just guessing that he spat all over the cops while claiming to have covid, that led to him being being pulled out of the car and an ambulance called, and the guy holding him was probably not going to let him up until the ambulance arrived. And it was probably after he spent all morning dealing with a bunch of Somalian shit bags, I don't like what happened but I like everything thats happened since less,

1 - 20 of 103 Posts