Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good take aways from the Million?

Not sure that there are too many people who can drive that Chevy II like scotty. Looked like a super stock Cobalt made a deep run as well on Friday. Curious to see if the tower could pull the avg winning ET of every round. Thomas Gal had a video trying to find the sweet spot of ET.

For team Jegs who is McKenna brown / what's her relation to the family? Her car was deadly. Wonder what combination that car is & what the $$ to build a clone of it would run. I'm surprised i didn't see more of cougins, seems to be Brown at these big money races and she does well.

·
Registered
15,454 Posts
For myself, I'm gonna take away the whole Hunter Patton drama. I mean seriously, somebody intentionally crosses the centerline in an obvious attempt to harm a competitor? And then there is little or no repercussions for this act? We have definitely entered a whole new realm. And I doubt there is any going back. It sort of overshadows anything else that happened this weekend. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
32,717 Posts
For myself, I'm gonna take away the whole Hunter Patton drama. I mean seriously, somebody intentionally crosses the centerline in an obvious attempt to harm a competitor? And then there is little or no repercussions for this act? We have definitely entered a whole new realm. And I doubt there is any going back. It sort of overshadows anything else that happened this weekend. Take care. Tom Worthington
I agree.

·
Registered
483 Posts
No way that’s real?!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess that's the benefit i get for being "someone". Shocked they didn't sit him for the weekend or at least Friday. Is SGMP An IHRA track? And are there any repercussions he could still face from Ihra or nhra? i doubt it since it was private event. Hopefully this was a wake up call for a very talented young man. I

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
Hey lets face it if you are serious enough about winning you get pissed when you lose. Sometimes I want to put my car in the trailer and set the whole thing on fire for the stupid shit I do sometimes but on my worst day of the worst loss ever I never even considered doing something like that....

The fact that a apology was good enough and the powers that be let it be good enough, is not good enough IMO.

If I had done something like that, I would have loaded my shit up and left after I apologized to everyone involved out of utter embarrassment.

But nowadays? Hit the buyback window and get back after it........

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Scratch that race off my bucket list. I probably won't attend any races promoted by the Folk family if they don't at least suspend him from their races. This crap crossed the line if you ask me. First he lied and said his steering broke then he went on facebook and came clean about the whole situation with some BS apology. There needs to be some accountability for his actions.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Any good take aways from the Million?

Not sure that there are too many people who can drive that Chevy II like scotty. Looked like a super stock Cobalt made a deep run as well on Friday. Curious to see if the tower could pull the avg winning ET of every round. Thomas Gal had a video trying to find the sweet spot of ET.

For team Jegs who is McKenna brown / what's her relation to the family? Her car was deadly. Wonder what combination that car is & what the $$ to build a clone of it would run. I'm surprised i didn't see more of cougins, seems to be Brown at these big money races and she does well.
If your uncle was jeg Coughlin u prob be a serious racer too.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Is that the relation? I looked on the Jegs racing bios and hers was limited. I know when Jeggy announced his PS retirement i figured we see him run a lot more at these events.
He does in the Nova wagon. Was just at the Spring Fling.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My takeaway: my brother's race car is still waiting for a driver. Car will run dead 1, dead 3, dead seven but it don't help being dead late. Saw him run a 16 pack with a 006 RT but the guy in the other lane went trip zip on both ends. Ouch.

·
Registered
11,612 Posts
My takeaway: my brother's race car is still waiting for a driver. Car will run dead 1, dead 3, dead seven but it don't help being dead late. Saw him run a 16 pack with a 006 RT but the guy in the other lane went trip zip on both ends. Ouch.
There were at least 3 perfect runs the first 2 races

1 - 20 of 29 Posts