Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was announcing the race at Holly Springs this weekend. I knew it was a fast track and records had been set there in the past. I never imagined what I was fixing to witness would or could happen. But after this weekend, I think I was lucky to be a part of history that has never happened(that I'm aware of), and may never happen again.

Keith Berry #1 qualifier and record holder on a 315 also fastest small block and LS on a 315 (4.19)wins

Marty Stinnett #1 qualifier (4.32 fastest on a 275) and wins

Shane Fisher #1 qualifier (4.53 fastest X275 car) and wins

John Keesey #1 qualifier (4.93 fastest in ultra Street) and wins.

Berry first to the teens and Keesey first to 4s.

Is anyone on the Bullet aware of a race who had every class #1 qualifier, set the record for the class, and then win the race in ever class as well? Usually the #1 qualifier doesn't even win, but if they do it's just 1, maybe 2 classes. They had 4 heads-up classes and all 4 set records and won.

Congrats to all the racers at this event, and many more who set personal best. Thanks to Holly Springs for letting me be a part of this event. Thanks to all the spectators who made it down to be a part of the show, and thanks to all the track crew who kept the track on kill all weekend, even down into the 30's when everyone's cars were covered in frost.

Oh I almost forgot to mention. The fastest all Mopar on a 275 record was set this weekend, and the Nitrous record was set in X275. There may have been a couple more I missed...There were too many to keep up.:-D

Someone at the track told me "The Mix, is the Shit.":cool:

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Boy, that is awesome. Good job to all teams involved.

Anybody have a tape measure? J/k:)

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Hopefully i can get down there next spring. Cant wait.

A few years ago if i remember at the time in 10.5 (i think odr) and x275 all the records were broken during nate and adams race at mir. Now im not sure if the number one qualifiers won or not but the three heads up classes there at that time had all the records broken.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts