Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack is at the PRO race in MI this weekend. Before he got the car out of the trailer the tech guy told him he will probably be taking a head off his engine. And the drama surrounding his firewall also played on. Mike the tech guy told Jack via telephone before he left NY, he would get a one race waiver on his fabricated firewall at MI. He gets there and they say the waiver was for the last race and he needs to add 100lbs NOW. When Jack asked about Nesbitt's lack of a radiator support the tech guy tells him not to nitpick others.....LOL.....

Jack's firewall was replaced after the fire last year. The stock perimeter is in place it is just smoothed out......kind of like Nesbitts vette??? I just don't see this being a performance advantage and getting a 100lb penalty, it is only cosmetic. The engine is in the same location it was..it is not moved back.....anybody with me on this?

It is obvious someone is pulling strings over there and busting Jack's balls. He finally runs well and now he is targeted........same old shit!!

He called me last nite asking how to slow the car down. He didn't want to run too fast again and get more weight added. He added the 100lbs, detuned the car and ran 7.67 for #1 qualifier....#2 is Golobo right now 7.77.......should be interesting.......... :shock:

·
16,373 Posts
Leo, I agree he might be getting picked on if there not saying anything about Nesbitt's lack of a radiator support and he can't even coment on it. But I have to admit that I think the smooth firwall could be a aero advantage, just like Billy Glidden had done in the wind tunnel. He just moved some things around in the engine compartment and made it better. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Do you really think he went into a wind tunnel to see if a smooth firewall will help out? this isn't nextel where you run 150 to 210 mph all day you run from 0 to 180 or so a firewall wouldn't do shit, same shit different organization they all have favourite's just play the game come home and change the firewall go back and kick there ass again and don't give them anything else to bitch about, after a while they will get sick of the guy that's complaining and tell him to shut up or they will give him the treatment your getting now, is it fair NO, but it is what it is, just play the game it sound's like you got it in the bag, don't let them piss you off

·
16,373 Posts
Weather you use a wind tunnel or not. It could be an advantage.
Posted: 06 Jun 2005 10:07 pm

Monty Mikho
Smoked another BBC

I remember being at Lukovich's shop and he showed me his wind tunnel data sheets It looked like a small yellow pages.. They even monitored the air in the engine compartment and moved a few things to help the flow.. I had a chance a lot of years ago to walk thru the wind tunnel at the GM tech center.. That thing was huge...

·
16,373 Posts
Posted: 06 Jun 2005 10:12 pm

Bill Glidden
Spooled up

Us here stupid people have been in there also, it is pretty impressive, we had monitors everywhere, the folks running the tunnel try to have you do stupid things we could never use, so Dad told them the stand back and we would do all the changes, it was not nearly as nice as that, but you could get the drift. We did make the cars alot better for the day, as have I for what I have, thanks BG

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Ya your right it MUST be the smoothed firewall that give's him the 2 or 3 tenth's on the field, :shock: it probably take's 100 to 150 horse or more to go from 7.80 to 7.60's not a chance in hell that comes from the firewall, but hey :WGAF

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Ya that was my point change it and kick there as anyway and make them look stupid :-D

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Detroit 2 ~ Eastside ZERO!!! Golobo all the frigen way!!! Rob dont need no handicaps!! He just goes out and kicks some major @$$!!!

Now on to the firewall.. I agree it means nothing for these cars. We are not looking for .001 in ET!!! These cars are all over the map!! PRO leave ol' Jack alone unless you plan on picking on everyone else!! tear down the motor :roll: !!! For $2000 or whatever they pay I would tell them to get bent!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i say all the racers stop racing for a summer and they will come back to us for
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
hay racers can we work this out
hay pro / nsca will mk the rules

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Man that sounds like BS too me.

7.5 FIREWALLS
Firewall: Stock firewall in stock location required if back half vehicles, but notching and minor modification permitted to stock firewall for engine clearance, exhaust, etc. Fabricated firewall permitted for tube chassis vehicle. For Chevrolet Corvette, only if OEM equipped with stock fiberglass firewall; firewall may be replaced with a flat steel firewall, no thinner than .024, located in the OEM stock location. Replacement steel firewall must be one piece, fully attached along perimeter, and permanent in nature.
IMO define modification, just like floor pan "modification" how much is legal? If I am correct in saying some cars only have a small piece of the stock floor along the peremiter left in-tact.

7.6 FLOOR/TRUNK PAN
FLOOR: Floor/ trunk pan/transmission tunnel modifications are permitted. Replacing stock floor/trunk pan/transmission tunnel with a minimum of.024 inch thick steel or .032 inch thick aluminum permitted. Magnesium is prohibited.
So if a permiter stock floor is legal as "modifications are permitted" then why is this not legal for the same context of the firewall?

But as with any form of racing you will always need the guys who will push the rules to the limit before the rest of us can find out just how far they can be pushed.

And nite-pick... I don't call it nit picking its making sure the tech guy has his glasses on right... everyone should play by the rules no exceptions so if your saying something about another car... its just to make sure they get the same microscope tech inspection....

with all that said hope my "notched for set-back" is legal.... or will I only find out once I get fast and become a threat?

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
All I gotta say is that Jacks Monte is one BAD RIDE!!! Love that car.

That hood scoop is wild too. I could take a bath in it.

Is that an N/A car?

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
^^^^ Damn slave driver!!! The guy is there till 3:00 AM every frigen day!! Whats the hurry anyway? Im gonna have ta give ya an ass whoopin when its done anyway... :-D

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,393 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
All I gotta say is that Jacks Monte is one BAD RIDE!!! Love that car.

That hood scoop is wild too. I could take a bath in it.

Is that an N/A car?

Bath? Where is a pic of that scoop... The one I had on the Chevelle you would fit the Miller Lite Bikini Team in..

Vanilla

1 - 16 of 16 Posts