Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The impact of designating Mexican cartels a 'foreign terrorist organization'

President Trump wants to designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations
Groups designated foreign terrorists face intense scrutiny from U.S. government agencies and increased sanctions; Gillian Turner reports from Washington.
President Trump has said efforts to designate Mexican cartels as foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs) are moving ahead – prompting both praise and criticism. But what impact would such a title have, and would it work in dismantling such networks who burn, behead, smuggle and instill fear?
“The Mexican Cartels certainly earned a designation of a Foreign Terrorist Organization which is authorized in the Immigration and Naturalization act. Under the ‘terrorist activity defined, they meet the criteria for being engaged in hijacking and sabotage conveyances, detaining/murder/ injuring an individual or a government organization to keep them from doing any act as a condition for the release of an individual,” Lenny DePaul, Chief Inspector/Commander of the U. S. Marshal Service, told Fox News. “As well as assassinations and use of explosives, firearms, or other weapons with the intent to endanger individuals, government agencies or damage to property, etc.”
In his view, “the impact that a designation would have is significant in a variety of ways. It heightens public awareness and knowledge of individuals or entities linked to terrorism.”
“It also sends a message to other Governments about the concerns the U. S. has about individuals or entities aiding terrorism, and promotes due diligence by such governments and private sector entities operating within their territories to avoid potential contact with terrorist,” DePaul continued.

Terrorist designations are handled by the U.S. State Department. Once a group has been slapped with such a designation, known members are prohibited from entering the country, and it is then illegal for those in the U.S. to intentionally provide support. Financial institutions are also barred from doing any type of business with the organization or its members.
“The FTO designation is an important step in a positive direction for US national security. Too many Americans have died as the ruthless cartels have made billions by terrorizing communities and killing at unprecedented levels. It's clear President Trump always places the safety of Americans first,” noted Derek Maltz, former Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration Special Operations Division in New York. “Designating the cartels as terrorists and implementing a focused operational plan will save a tremendous amount of lives.”
The FTO tag could also mean that an American in an inner-city gang selling street drugs that originated from south of the border could be prosecuted under anti-terrorism laws – possibly being given a life sentence.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexican-cartels-foreign-terrorist-organization-impact?fbclid=IwAR0j0_bU2nAt_XWCPibBKkbtAI1tdbl5SVVs9FmTLQb_vJ7-71om8QyOMcw

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Good move.....

Anybody associated with them, or does business with them etc can be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay.

Then they can wait in line for a fair trial [which might 10 or so years]

·
Registered
25,026 Posts
Open season would be fun.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
107,321 Posts

·
Smart Ass Conservative
107,321 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
it's war zone down there, might as well be classified as such.

·
T/S 368E
28,897 Posts

Now that would be something I would volunteer for!!!
If they put us, US Navy, on blockade duty, I would love to be there
and watch them pick off the tiny subs, planes & ships coming and going!!!
I know what the capability of my CG was in 1980,
I can't even guess how powerful today's electronic warfare equipment is!!!!

Now I'm not sure what they would be allowed to do,
but it wouldn't be pretty if they were allowed to use all the tools available.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
They should ne deemed terrorists. The Mexican president is bought and paid for so he doesnt want the USA to come in and kill them all.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,174 Posts
Differences right now is Mexican cartel members have to be arrested tried and convicted. Once designated an fto a Hellfire from a predator will be the judge jury and executioner.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
15,169 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
I see the cartels smuggling in bad-ass drugs: Cocaine, Methamphetamines, opiates and synthetic opiates etc. as attacking this nation with weapons of war. These drugs are clearly weapon's of war being brought to bear upon the USA. They are inflicting massive damages to this nation, it's people and economy.
No different than an invader bombing cities or shooting US Citizens.

·
Idiot Savant
164,878 Posts
You have such a self-assured way of writing nonsense.

No one shoves this shit up anyone's nose.....the problem is the consumer, not the supplier.

·
T/S 368E
28,897 Posts

Only problem with that is the LOSERS in this country ask for them to send that crap!!!
Same as the losers that bitch & moan about their union losing work to scabs, while they are shopping at harbor freight!!!
Or the losers that bitch & moan a guy paying 18 MILLION DOLLARS income tax for a single year didn't pay their fair share,
while they are watching a giant ass TV from china, and race a car with 75% stolen counterfeited china carp parts in it!!!
Then have the nerve to blame every one in the world they can't afford the same size TV or a race car with made in America parts.

Losers want drugs, they will find a way to get drugs at any price.
Crime will raise if the price raises due to difficulty to import drugs causes the raise.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
I had a Dr. for many of my economics classes while in college. He was always was using the illegal drug trade and law enforcement's actions to demonstrate supply & demand curves.
I think the death penalty regardless if it is issued by a court or the authorities blow the cartels people to hell while capturing them is the only real means to control the bad-ass drugs that are wrecking this nation.
Let's not even go into the Gov't's ages old treating pot the same as heroin

======================================

Only problem with that is the LOSERS in this country ask for them to send that crap!!!
Same as the losers that bitch & moan about their union losing work to scabs, while they are shopping at harbor freight!!!
Or the losers that bitch & moan a guy paying 18 MILLION DOLLARS income tax for a single year didn't pay their fair share,
while they are watching a giant ass TV from china, and race a car with 75% stolen counterfeited china carp parts in it!!!
Then have the nerve to blame every one in the world they can't afford the same size TV or a race car with made in America parts.

Losers want drugs, they will find a way to get drugs at any price.
Crime will raise if the price raises due to difficulty to import drugs causes the raise.

·
Registered
34,890 Posts
I see the cartels smuggling in bad-ass drugs: Cocaine, Methamphetamines, opiates and synthetic opiates etc. as attacking this nation with weapons of war. These drugs are clearly weapon's of war being brought to bear upon the USA. They are inflicting massive damages to this nation, it's people and economy.
No different than an invader bombing cities or shooting US Citizens.
Well said they must be incarcerated or killed.

·
T/S 368E
28,897 Posts

I'm no expert, and I didn't post it, but I seem to remember that is exactly what happened in this country!!
When they get tougher on drugs, the price goes up and the scumbags just go out and steal more to pay for their habit!!
If you need drugs, you aren't going to go rob a bank, you are going to mug an old lady.
Break into a house while we are at work, steal a bike off the back porch etc etc.
They sure and hell aren't going to ask the boss for more O/T!!!! That's for damn sure!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts