Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a car that is going to keep knocking down the records for some time, although this run was not backed up because the track went away they will be back faster. They have the program figured out and if they can ever get all the power down to the track we may see the first VW powered Bug to go 200 MPH! The track was so bad on Sunday the car actually was up on two wheels headed for the guardrail but Kris can drive that car!

For those of you that don't know this is not some flyweight car, its probably in the neighborhood of 2,100 pounds. The amount of lead strapped to it to make weight is crazy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
With the 60' and 1/8th mile numbers being short of what they've run before and their neverending increase in power it's scary to think what they are capable of.

A 7 second 180 mph 4 cyl. VW aircooled door car?
Come on!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
If they can hook all the power they have, 200 is gonna fall.... They sure have come a long way from the "Devil's Hot Rod" days.... If any bunch can do it, I'll put my money on the Lauffer family....

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a neat car. is that the one with the billet engine?
No that engine is in their old rear engine dragster that their dad wants to run over 200 in for the first time. But this Bug does have their billet heads that they make and they are running a Pauter block.

The Bug is not pretty but fast as hell! That car has caught fire multipal times, wrecked a few times and is in need of a makeover. Hell if I lived down there I would paint it for them in my spare time just to help out.

They were supposed to run the new engine in the dragster this weekend but last week the Bug caught on fire again and they had to scramble to get it put back together.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
7.86 @ 183 run

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7.98 @ 185 run

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is 188 the fastest a vw has run?
It is the fastest in an air cooled door car, their dragster I think has gone 6.52 and 212 but I'm not sure of the official record. Just YouTube the nail VW dragster, those runs are posted, the 6.52 was on a very hot day.

They have a dyno video of The Hater making 1024 HP out there too. It appears to me that most of the time their car launches pretty soft so it's losing quite a bit on the short end, especially if you look at the MPH to the ET.*

Maybe more tire would help with the traction issues, I don't know but going that fast is not easy in a rear engine car at all. There are only three air cooled Bugs in the world that could run a seven second quarter mile right now and one of them has the engine that was in this car when it ran its first seven.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Nice, 188mph is a touch over 300km/h so he may have just broken that barrier :)

I didn't realise a dub had been 212mph, that's getting it done...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts