Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr casual at 01:30 slide quality up to HD

Looks like a FORD but I'd think the aluminum panels would have melted - don't see any.

"100# propane tank, one of the employees noted it was releasing air & gas".

My money's on an overfilled tank that pop'd the relief disc.

·
Banned
13,503 Posts
Was already posted in the Live Leak thread......

·
Registered
9,686 Posts
It’s T-R-U-C-K......... Not TRUNK!!! :rolleyes:

BTW! Go back to forth grade ad learn how to spheal.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
And they fucked up his order

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Why are they closing the joint? Don't they advertise their burgers as being charbroiled? What am I missing. LOL

·
Mike
7,509 Posts
Because there is a fire present it cooks off the tank. the pressure relief valve pops on, and off. Just before the explosion you see the jet stop at about 1.45. The amount of propane in the tank actually is the cooling agent, until it is vented out, then the tank explodes. Big tanks can do huge damage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_liquid_expanding_vapor_explosion

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't comprehend a "pressure relief valve" in the head of a 100# propane cylinder. First because a functioning valve that goes open/closed would be a nightmare keeping sealed day and night for months, years. Also it would require a spring that would play hell during fluctuating temps particularly heat of fires.

Finally having worked in the fire equipment industry where everything from Halon, CO2, Scott Packs, to SCUBA tanks were hydro tested. One of our service guys took a piece of a burst disc in his arm from an overfill. It had shot through the "holed" bolt that covers the entire disc.
I believe the large bulk gas storage tanks at propane filling stations and tanker vessels are the ones with valves to ON/OFF gas release.
When they are under "fire" they can bleed-off the pressure and do go ON/OFF.

A rupture disk, also known as a pressure safety disc, burst disc, bursting disc, or burst diaphragm, is a non-reclosing pressure relief safety device that, in most uses, protects a pressure vessel, equipment or system from overpressurization or potentially damaging vacuum conditions.. A rupture disk is a type of sacrificial part because it has a one-time-use membrane that fails at a ...

Because there is a fire present it cooks off the tank. the pressure relief valve pops on, and off. Just before the explosion you see the jet stop at about 1.45. The amount of propane in the tank actually is the cooling agent, until it is vented out, then the tank explodes. Big tanks can do huge damage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_liquid_expanding_vapor_explosion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts