Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110209/ap_on_re_us/us_winter_weather

TULSA, Okla. – A second powerful blizzard in a week roared through parts of the [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]nation's midsection[/COLOR][/COLOR] on Wednesday, bringing biting winds and dumping a foot of snow on areas still digging out from last week's major storm.

The storm that rolled into Oklahoma on Tuesday had dropped about a foot of snow by Wednesday morning in Bartlesville, about 50 miles north of Tulsa, and another 9 inches across the state line in Siloam Springs, Ark., said Michael Lacy, a meteorologist with the [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]National Weather Service[/COLOR][/COLOR] in Tulsa. He said strong winds created blizzard conditions that limited visibility and made travel hazardous.

Heavy snow was reported in parts of Kansas and Texas, where many school districts cancelled classes in anticipation of yet another round of unusually icy weather.
....we are supposed to be in the 40's next week :D

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
In TX they're asking people to conserve electricity again to avoid a repeat of last week's rolling blackouts due to sub-freezing temperatures. The good news is we'll be up around 70° next week.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In TX they're asking people to conserve electricity again to avoid a repeat of last week's rolling blackouts due to sub-freezing temperatures. The good news is we'll be up around 70° next week.
Hopefully places with a bunch of snow don't get a quick warmup....that'd be a mess.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Hopefully places with a bunch of snow don't get a quick warmup....that'd be a mess.
Exactly. Flooding often causes a lot of problems down south after a snow storm.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,546 Posts
What a bunch of pussies.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I'm glad that white stuff went south, we need a break up this way. It's the first full week this year that we did not get any snow thank god.:eek:

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Texas and Michigan look to have similar wind chill readings. Damn.
True for the moment. I moved from MI to TX. The difference is that in a few weeks we'll have consistent sunny/70's and MI will still be getting snow in March. Down here the winter is usually about 6 weeks of 40's-50's, mix of sun/clouds with some rain, and a few weeks of sub-freezing temps at night. Before and after that period we have sunny and 60's-70's.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
They are forcasting 1 to 3 inches here in Alabama. No big deal to me, but I'm sure everyone will be buying bread and milk today in preperation for armegeddon. lol. I've been down here since 1986, and I don't remember a winter when it snowed and actually stuck more than once, this will be the fourth time this winter for us to have snow accumulations of at least an inch. I guess I need to move farther south.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts