Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
69 Dart, yeah, I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Just ran the LSXvsW street class last weekend in Arkansas City Ks. Should have made the finals, but there was some timing system issue and I lost on the rerun. Moving along slowly with the tuning, but making progress. Went a best of 5.66 @ 128 on a 1.35 60ft. Running the local wichita fall nats small tire this weekend.

Nick, thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Did you hurt your motor this last weekend at KID? I was there and have to say you have done an amazing job on your build. Its impressive to see a car as big as yours come out of the hole and get moving as well as yours did.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Did you hurt your motor this last weekend at KID? I was there and have to say you have done an amazing job on your build. Its impressive to see a car as big as yours come out of the hole and get moving as well as yours did.
Hey, thx. Yeah, that was me unfortunately. Hadn't even really turned it up yet and had a couple of rods exit the oil pan. Containment pan did it's job thank goodness. It's an oiling issue for sure, just haven't figured out exactly what the root cause is yet.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. But in person your car is definitely well built. Guess it's time to go bigger and better. Did the carnage hurt the heads and is a total loss or are some parts able to be saved?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Heads are ok. Looks like a couple of valves were lightly hit, I'd say a couple of bent valves at the worst for the heads. Cam appears to be ok, although I didn't pull it. Front six pistons/cylinders look pristine as do the bearings in the front half of the crank. The crank may be able to be saved. Looks like the back half of the crank lost oil pressure. Seems odd that the bearings on the front half look perfect, but yet the back four are complete trash. Logs show I had 90-105 psi oil pressure through the run. I went back and looked at all of the logs for the engine which is about 15 out of 20 passes, I see no oil pressure issues. I sent if off to the engine builder for analysis and prognosis on the crank and valves. Looks like block, rods, two pistons, rings, bearings at a min. Maybe add crank and a couple of valves at the worst. Could be worse, but I'd sure like to understand what occurred so it doesn't happen again.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts