Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Super cool. How much weight do you figure the new front end is saving over the stock stuff? Its nice to see people making weight savings parts for those cars.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
With the bolt on parts, brakes / coil overs / cradle / rack, I saved a little over 100lbs. With all weight reductions including the alum block, wheels and lightenning I've done, I estimate that I've removed about 350lbs forward of the firewall. Still more to go, but that's where I'm at now. The weight bias was killing me at the starting line last year, so I'm hoping this will help with the launch a bunch.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bought a used sheet metal intake. It's been 170 in the 1/8 so maybe it will make my car faster by some sort of automotive osmosis :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's impressive. Anymore updates?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks gentlemen. Not a lot to show. Been a slow process. Here's a few pics. the car is off to a shop to build the headers and hot side. I tacked up the cold side and he is going to weld that as well. I have built all of my turbo setups in the past, but I'm not up for building headers and wanted this one to be a top notch job. My fabrications skills are pretty good but my welds just aren't going to look as good a professional.

88mm PTE PM turbo.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
All the basic electrical is done, lights, ignition, etc. Did a DIY bump box. Leash street board. Going with holley dominator, ign1a coils and BA injectors. Coils mounted behind the dash.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
is the flaming river rack an off the shelf piece or what.. i just bought a 12 challenger to build.. and i didnt see one on their site

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
is the flaming river rack an off the shelf piece or what.. i just bought a 12 challenger to build.. and i didnt see one on their site
Yes, if you call them they can get u fixed up. It is not plug and play. You have to get the joint and modify the factory shaft to get it to work. Very little, if any, clearance on the driver side header. At least that was the case on my 06, and I believe it is the same on the later models as well.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just got the car back from the fabricator. Guy does fantastic work. Performance Welding Solutions in Wichita Ks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That hot side looks great

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Love the car. Is that a th400 w/brake?
Yes, its a reid sfi case with a reid sfi bell housing and a griner 1+2 reverse pattern with TB. Got all the goodies, supposed to be good to 2000. I've only put about 800 on it so far.

That hot side looks great
Yes, I hated to have someone else do the work. I needed the headers made anyway, and this guy is so good, I decided to let him weld everything up since I don't have the skills to make it look that good no matter how hard I try, lol.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts