Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, been waiting for going 9 months for my engine and I'm bored, so I might as well post a build thread on what I've been doing the last 9 months.

Bought 300SRT in 2006 and after a few years starting building towards a 10sec street car. Got there two years ago and then decided to do something stupid with it when it hit 100k miles. Put the cage in it last year.

Went 10.30's at over 4100 lbs on the factory original with twin 67's, and then stripped it down a bit over the last winter. Just sitting here now waiting. These freakin' engine builders man, I'm telling you!

Got to get the pics sized right, I'll add them back later

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was the best time in the car, I believe it is a record for factory original engine on the LX platform, but not really all that impressive in the scheme of newer cars. I'm pretty sure I could have got it into the nines if I'd had a decent 60' and put that with my best mph of 138, but wasn't able to get it done. The car should be 500lbs lighter this year and all new suspension, I'm planning to get it into the 7's with the new engine.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is what 75 lbs of wiring and electronics looks like

Out with pwr rack in with the manual from flaming river.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This was the best time in the car, I believe it is a record for factory original engine on the LX platform, but not really all that impressive in the scheme of newer cars. I'm pretty sure I could have got it into the nines if I'd had a decent 60' and put that with my best mph of 138, but wasn't able to get it done. The car should be 500lbs lighter this year and all new suspension, I'm planning to get it into the 7's with the new engine.

Would help if you told us which lane was you. Badass build. I work for FCA and the 300 is one of my favorites. What rear end and rear suspension were you running with those timeslips? What are you changing besides cage? What electronics will you be running?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks gentlemen. Actually, I'm 69c so it depends which slip you are looking at. 10.3 1/4 and 6.54 1/8. That was on the factory original 6.1 with 14lbs of boost. Should be quite a bit faster if I ever get my damn engine done. Lost the whole damn season waiting on the motor. Car is done as far as I can go until I get the motor. I should be about 3600# this year and about double the HP so we'll see what I can get to the ground.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Redrilled the hubs to 4 1/2 pattern with 1/2 screw in studs in the front and 5/8 in the rear. Still not sure if I can get a double a beadlock over the brakes will just be a trial and error thing.

out with the sway and the 90/10 lakewoods.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
For those time slips I was running factory original SRT IRS suspension on the rear with 100k miles on the shocks, lol. Lakewood 90/10s on the front. The 90/10s actually came up too fast and caused the car to porpoise and unloaded the tires about 10-15 ft out, so the best 60 I could ever muster was 1.53. I had tons more power down low but could never get it to the ground.
The new suspension is Viking 3 ways all the way around. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. The rear setup is a modified factory cradle with a gforce 9" strange alum HD setup with 3.35 gears.
Looks like I am going to go with ProEFI on the ECU.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
More weight reduction, suspension etc. Heavy brembos gone in favor of willwood drag setup in the rear and street setup in the front. I wanted the vented rotors in the front so it can be street driven for true street type cruises. Viking coilovers all the way around and weld v-series wheels up front. My SRT wheels were almost 60lbs each. Spohn adjustable read tension arms.

shortened rear sway bar link for 15" rear wheels

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm surprised at how well that rear handled all that power. Looks nice keep it up.
There's a guy on here with the same setup( I stole a few ideas from him :) ) that has gone 1.21 60' on this same setup. If you look at the geometry, there are two tension arms that really looks kind of like a 4 link despite being an IRS. You can actually get pretty good separation on launch. The pumpkin itself is solid. It a nodular case with strange alum HD center with street gears and 35 spline axle stubs. Above it says 3.35 ratio, but that is a typo, it's 3.25. The axles aren't quite as strong, but they have proved to hold up pretty well so far. The factory suspension cradle is suspect, but I have reinforced mine a bit and added solid mounts, but I'm not expecting it to last forever. Time will tell.

I have some pictures of the entire rear setup out of the car, but I'll be damned if I can find them. What I posted above is the best I have.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a speed logic front suspension cradle.

Some pics of the weight reduction on the front and the finished product. Has front and mid engine plate.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Cool build. I like fast moar doors.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts