Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to pursue a attempt at the 2v mod motor record and trying to decide on power adder.
99 Mustang Gt

Teksid block .20 over
Manley Forged Pistons
Oliver Billet Rods
Cryo Treated Forged Crank
King bearings throughout
Arp Studs throughout
Ported Trick flow heads (Flow 285cfm @.600 lift)
Custom Grind Cams

Transmission is a Lentech Terminator w/Reverse Manual Valve body and Ptc Converter

25.3 Chromomoly Cage

Suspension tbd

Power adder I've narrowed down to single turbo setup (76-88mm range) or going to go with a F2 procharger. Your opinion on which would be better fit to obtain my goal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crazy how so many break with such little run time. For the amount of money to rebuild the head unit it when it blows you can buy 2 turbos lol
I'm starting to realize that I've got a procharger setup on my Harley F150 and I've never had a issue but I've been hearing that others are having major issues with head unit failures

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Turbo will make more power then a blower, its not a debate, less parasitic loss. The issue will be, can you make the combo leave the line. and 8.79 with a 88mm turbo, is fucking slow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo will make more power then a blower, its not a debate, less parasitic loss. The issue will be, can you make the combo leave the line. and 8.79 with a 88mm turbo, is fucking slow.
Couldn't agree more, thats the reason I'd Like to pursue it. 1.42 60' is very easily beaten, I'm more then likely going 7655 Precision.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
What are the rules for the class? Do you get a weight break for the blower?
Most likely the turbo will run faster if the weight is the same for both power adders. What is the power adder on the current record holder?

Kurt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still I'm going to pursue that record, the record doesn't have specs, fastest is fastest. I'm building the car to ultimately become a ultra street car. Turbo I'd vaguely new to me being a procharger user for years. Any recommendations for turbo selection motor yields 10 to 1 compression

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
The current 2v record is 8.00 at 169. Using a Forced Inductions Borg Warner Billet 80mm turbo. It's a Ford Fairmont.

^ He posted right before me lol.
How much does that car wiegh 2800lbs ?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm starting to realize that I've got a procharger setup on my Harley F150 and I've never had a issue but I've been hearing that others are having major issues with head unit failures
I had a d1 on my car for a while i never had a problem, granted it was no f2 or f3 but whenever i had to deal with them their service was pretty good. Like alot of people are saying, if everyones going to switch to turbo where is prochargers future going?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a d1 on my car for a while i never had a problem, granted it was no f2 or f3 but whenever i had to deal with them their service was pretty good. Like alot of people are saying, if everyones going to switch to turbo where is prochargers future going?
Procharger will not be going anywhere, some have issues some don't. Some love them, some don't same as the turbo guys and nitrous guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts