Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I am going to say the Balancer bolt came loose and caused all that.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
damn, that sucks!! GL getting her back up and running

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to say the Balancer bolt came loose and caused all that.

that could be because when i went to take it off it wasnt that tight but i just put that thing on when i did the heads and cam and it had a new tq wrench and it was set to 85 foot pounds

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, that sucks!! GL getting her back up and running
the worst part about it is its my DD

im stuck with should i go stock again,
later down the road when i buy a truck in early winter i wanna build a 351 for it and i dont really wanna spend alot on this but i dont wanna keep blowen it up and yes i no its all controled by ur right foot but its fucken hard not to drive it hard cuz its so fun (i dont smoke cigs or do any drugs this is how i let off steam)

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
:sad: Sad to hear/see. What's your plans for the car now?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Being the way the #1 cap broke, it looks like the balancer just started to shake to death. At least its a stock block...I know its still money out, but it could have been MUCH worse if you had done this to a high dollar block. I TQ the Bal stud to 95-100ft lbs. Its a 5/8 thread bolt....it can take some TQ. I check mine every once in a while...don't ask how I came to know this ! ;)

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
That hurts and it aint even mine-Good luck and hope you get it all out together soon.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:sad: Sad to hear/see. What's your plans for the car now?
im not 100% sure yet

thats why i came on here to see what u people thought so i kinda no what did it

i was think en maybe an other stock block and maybe a forged crank because this isnt the first crank that broke in half

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I say stick another stock bottom end in it and keep up the learning curve before you invest in a nice engine. There are hundreds of cars just like yours that have gone 9's for years on the stock bottom end. I have to agree with the others and guess that the balancer bolt backing out or just improper installation of the balancer caused all this.
Chalk it up to learning the hard way and move on.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
edit the balancer wasnt loose my dad loosened it to see if he could get it to move and i didnt see it

1 - 20 of 115 Posts