Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ebb and flow. I do think classic muscle cars have another 15 or so years before they come down 20%-40% for good. Now if you’re looking for an investment, cool 90’s Japanese cars will be where it’s at.

·
LS Powah!
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebb and flow. I do think classic muscle cars have another 15 or so years before they come down 20%-40% for good. Now if you’re looking for an investment, cool 90’s Japanese cars will be where it’s at.
15 years is pretty generous considering baby boomers are already in their 60s and 70s. Considering we're already in the middle of an economic melt down due to COVID-19, muscle cars will be coming down sooner rather then later.

I do agree with you regarding 90s Japanese sports cars. American cars from the 80s and 90s are also gaining steam.

·
Registered
22,966 Posts
How'd you like to be a guy that just purchased a multi-million $ iconic muscle car JUST BEFORE the Covid? :eek:

·
Moderater
12,606 Posts
I can’t bring myself to sell anything, just the thought of dealing with all the idiots out there makes me hold on to my stuff. Want to do a pro touring car so I’m just going to convert one of the cars I have. I’ll have tons of parts to sell but swap meets are cash and carry.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
The cream is gonna separate fast. No reserve auctions will be carnage for those dumb enough to do it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't know if my luck has changed or what, but I sold my 1968 Firebird for the price I wanted in about 5 minutes, then later a guy showed up with cash and bought one of my CBR's, a few days later I sold a bull in about 1 minute for full price, and sold a nice bunch of barn beams. All no hassle deals. Zero idiots to deal with. Somebody pinch me.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
How'd you like to be a guy that just purchased a multi-million $ iconic muscle car JUST BEFORE the Covid? :eek:
I would love it because I would enjoy low priced gas so I could tear up the roads, drag race and go 130 mph on the highway and the police would not do anything because they are not pulling people over in fear of getting the Wu Flu.

BTW! I would hate to have purchased ANY high dollar muscle car within the last year with the hopes of enjoying driving it around then selling it for "close" to what I paid.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Ugh, imagine having $300+++K in a pro-mod car or all that shit that's dragged round on trailers, worthless in 12months
"Cash days" will become "Contactless only" days LOL

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
5,970 Posts
I've been through this before, early 80's, 90's, the crash, and now, it's always come back when the economy comes back. The good stuff is always in demand.
If it's a clone, leave it alone, that was the saying during the last crash.

·
LS Powah!
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Such as the Bullitt Mustang? :p

·
Registered
22,966 Posts
I would love it because I would enjoy low priced gas so I could tear up the roads, drag race and go 130 mph on the highway and the police would not do anything because they are not pulling people over in fear of getting the Wu Flu.

BTW! I would hate to have purchased ANY high dollar muscle car within the last year with the hopes of enjoying driving it around then selling it for "close" to what I paid.
Yes and at first sounds good...

Then those 130 mph hi-way blasts may be short lived as my 45mile commute home today had LEO's pulling / pulled over vehicles on all areas including the same areas seemingly free for all "run what speed you will" zones. ;)

·
Registered
22,966 Posts
I don't know if my luck has changed or what, but I sold my 1968 Firebird for the price I wanted in about 5 minutes, then later a guy showed up with cash and bought one of my CBR's, a few days later I sold a bull in about 1 minute for full price, and sold a nice bunch of barn beams. All no hassle deals. Zero idiots to deal with. Somebody pinch me.
Congrats on your good luck & excellent sale adventures.

True story: It only took 1 part sale (74 GTO Shaker) to Groucho for me to decide "Phuck This BS, not gonna go thru this 1,000+ times over!" and fortunately contacted a restoration company that purchased our Cars, engines, drives, parts NOS, Re-Pop's, and Take-Off's in a single complete transaction for the price I'd wanted.

That was Several yrs ago and still happy to this day...sold on the high water mark price wise.

And too, purchased what I wanted as a replacement and will keep for long term because I like it - 2001 WS6 6m... Same as always have in the past - I've often purchased and collected what others show low or no interest in at the time, often later to regain popularity and increase in $ value...

Truth is for my personal use, not concerned about "making money" on what I like...just purchase and return on investment is the personal pleasure of ownership. .02

*Your Results May Vary.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks AllRev. Congrats on your package sale.

I am a horrible impulse buyer, but always only buy something I really want and only if it is a good deal, but I don't prey on the weak/needy. I have actually paid over the agreed to price twice, once for $500 and once for $1000. I try to be fair. Luckily I almost always come out ahead in the end. I got a great deal on the Firebird, and when I sold it I posted a price that I thought was a great deal for the next guy and so did he. I made a few bucks and got to drive the car for 3 summers, so that's good enough for me.

Funny story with the bull. I posted him for $800 (Dexter). The guy drove from about 2 hours away. He walked down, looked at him and said yup, I'll take him. We loaded him up and I expected the guy to say I'll give you $500 or something stupid for him, at which point I would have opened the door, chased the bull back out, and it wouldn't have been for sale to him. Instead he hands me an envelope with $800 in it. I was so happy that I pulled a $50 bill back out and handed it to him and said thanks. At first he wouldn't take it, but I insisted. The look on his face was worth every penny. He was pretty happy.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts