Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting around today playing some CD's that I hadn't listend to in a while. I played "Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)" by The Eagles. It was released in 1976 and shot up the charts, eventually sitting at the top of the "Top 100 Album List" of all time (compiled by the RIAA). This album sold 27 million records here in the U.S. and 41 million world wide, and is still selling as well as it ever did, after 32 years. It's hard to believe but this album has averaged 3,510 album sales PER DAY world wide, for 32 years.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need a woman:p
That is funny. What started this was that I saw the movie "Mamma Mia" last night with one of my ex-wives. We were both ABBA fans and I thought, what the hell, how bad could it be? The movie is beyond silly but the music is great. The movie was done almost as if it were a stage show, and I knew that the Broadway production, and all the spin-off productions, were performed in about every country in the world. I never saw it as a live show but over 30 million people have. It's still playing live all around the world and has already brought in $2 billion (with a B), making it the most successful Broadway musical of all time.

Hey, there is more to life than politics and drag racing, right?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
That is funny. What started this was that I saw the movie "Mamma Mia" last night with one of my ex-wives. We were both ABBA fans and I thought, what the hell, how bad could it be? The movie is beyond silly but the music is great. The movie was done almost as if it were a stage show, and I knew that the Broadway production, and all the spin-off productions, were performed in about every country in the world. I never saw it as a live show but over 30 million people have. It's still playing live all around the world and has already brought in $2 billion (with a B), making it the most successful Broadway musical of all time.

Hey, there is more to life than politics and drag racing, right?
Well George, we all want to know if you got any from the ex after the movie? YBBitch:

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Not that I am old but when Hotel California came out 6 of us went to a buddies house (he had a $6 sound system then :confused:) he cranked it up and burnt a few all during a lunch break....... no biggie I was workin for a Toyota store :rock:

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The funny thing is that although I love music of all kinds, I know nothing about any of the new groups, nothing. If you told me their names I wouldn't recognize them.

I grew up with popular music. Elvis was like an explosion for me in the '50's, then Dylan, the Beatles in the early '60's. Between L.A and San Francisco, live music was what I did, every night. The Doors were the house band at the Whisky. $2.00 cover charge at any of the clubs on the Strip, and EVERYONE was up there at one time or the other. Elton John's first concert in America was at Doug Weston's Troubador (what's this, this guy doesn't play guitar but sits at a piano?). The waitress at a local 24-hour hang-out on La Cienega was some girl named Stephanie (Stevi) Nicks. She was slinging hash in the evenings and trying to get someone to sign her up for a record contract during the day. By accident, she was cutting a demo in the same studio that Fleetwood Mac were in. Lindsey Buckingham never knew what hit him.

A bunch of us would drive up to San Fran to hear the groups up there, eight or ten times a year. The Dead, the Airplane, Santana. Filmore West. Might even slip on over to the Haight and chase the girls and light up or choke down some kickapoo-joy-tabs.

Great times.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Talking about Hotel California, when the Eagles re-grouped after about 13 years, I think it was in '92 or '93, their first show was at the Irvine Meadows Amplitheater. The tickets sold out in about an hour. I bought tickets from a ticket agent (about $2,000) for the entire family, about eight or nine people, 2nd row, center. Right out of the gate with no introduction, the first song they sang was Hotel California. It was unbelievable, I still get chills thinking about it. The crowd went wild, people were crying, falling down.

There are some things that you can never forget and that is one of them for me.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
The hell freezes over CD is great and the DVD is also excellent if you have a good surround sound system.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
I used to frequent a bar back in South Texas (right next to my apartment) and they had sort of a house-band. The guitarist guy was in his 50's (this was about 1995) and he told me a story of how he was at some college party in SoCal, late 60's. He and a couple friends went on a beer run and had a couple girls tag along with them. One was this chick named Linda Ronstadt... And there was live music at the party by some band called the Eagles. I don't remember this guitar guy's name, but I had no doubt he was telling the truth. Later on, I found out Ronstadt and the Eagles toured together early on. Interesting for sure.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
i listen to the eagles and linkin park when i get really pissed or am super down. they both kinda let me relax inside and out somehow and let me think. really dont know what it is but its that music for me

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The hell freezes over CD is great and the DVD is also excellent if you have a good surround sound system.
This was the tour that I was speaking about, the Hell Freezes Over tour, their first time back together in 13 or 14 years. I always liked that title. They had said when they first broke up that they "wouldn't get back together until hell freezes over".

1 - 20 of 56 Posts