Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
draggin' ass
13,411 Posts
I wanted one since highschool, and bought it as a daily driver. Things have just snowballed from there. :rolleyes:

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,445 Posts
I bought my car based soley on visual stimulation. Only to find out later that it was considered the fastest car of it's time on a drag strip.

·
All juice no seed
1,000 Posts
I bought mine because I saw a bunch of them drive to the track
and proceed to beat up on everything they lined up against
Then turn on the AC and drive on home....

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
<<<<it was the only thing i had running , that i could race....;) i had raced my old 28 a sedan and my old 47 coupe before , and had a lot of fun with both..... not many model a coupes at my local track , so it sorta stands out a little......nothing close to fast , but its fun either way......

·
Registered
731 Posts
It was my wife's car since High School. When we started dating we went to the track and she said "I want my car to sound like that". Wellllllllllllllllllllllll now she hates when I talk about it.:smt084

·
Registered
77 Posts
bought mine my junior year of highschool. Its not the cleanest fox nor will it ever be a showcar, But it has some good storys that make it hard to sell Haha.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a Malibu in the early 90's before they were popular & got tired of breaking the rear end(7.5) I broke it one Sat. during a points race in '96 & bought my current car that Wednesday & put my drivetrain in it. It's not fast put is sure has won a good bit of money over the years.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My other half drove it to work for 3 years and then gave it to my daughter to drive it to school and then some and after 250 thousand miles it blew a head gasket and I said "There's my next race car";)

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,115 Posts
I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING CHEAP......AND IT WAS 400 DOLLARS!:p

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
the mustang because it was together and cheap. The mav is a work in progres. It was my 1st car and I have always liked mavericks

·
and a little bent
2,277 Posts

started out innocent enough, just something to cruise around - then I got the itch again after 15+yr void.
got it into the 12's with the tpi n/a, then sprayed it to 11.7's, pulled the original motor and went 383 and spray.
The entire power train has been changed out... trans r&r to many times
Money, I'll never admit it

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
everything that fits a fox body fits this car so it was easy to build. and EVERYBODY has a mustang. i wanted to be a little different.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Stupidity made me do it. It started as a FREE car. Yes, completely free. That didn't last long, and the money hasn't stopped going in it since!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING CHEAP......AND IT WAS 400 DOLLARS!:p

<<<Same deal here. The original car cost me $400. Three years and $25,000. later I have what I now race.

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
Cheap, easy to find parts, many bolt on aftermarket suspension stuff for it. Plus I had always wanted a silver hatch stang but could never afford one, so when I got money I finally got one lol

1 - 20 of 97 Posts