Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlmen we are just 2 weeks away from the rescheduled BIG SHOWDOWN and it will be going down in fine fashion if I do say so myself. This is shaping up to be one of the biggest headsup/grudge racing weekends around. 3 days of action and traction with a little bit of everything for everyone, heads up racing, grudge racing, class racing, index racing, test and tune, motorcycles; I think the only thing that we don't have a definate on is some dragsters but who knows, there may be a few who come out to test. (note to self, dragster grudge race)

Friday night, August 29th, we will open up for a special Flat Out Friday. We are cancelling our normal 4th Friday FOF and moving it to the 29th, this means we will be closed on the 22 of August. So on the 29th we will be running until midnight. It will be open testing, I am sure there will be a few grudge races happening, and round 1 of qualifying for the Automatic Pro Mod Q16 race.

Saturday, August 30th, will be full of action. Testing, grudging, pro mods, and the Mike Hill vs. Steve Kirk match race. I know there are a few grudge races already locked in and there are to be more to come. Big money will be on the line and all the trash talk you can stand, and probably even some you can't! We will run remainder of qualifying and eliminations of the pro mod race.

Sunday, August 31, will be the day of class racing and index racing. 6.0, 7.0, and a run what ya brung stock suspension race. There are only 2 stipulations on the stock suspension race; 1. pretty obvious, STOCK SUSPENSION, 2. 28"x10.5" tire, nothing bigger. Other than than those two rules we will follow by the old saying "Run what ya brung, and hope your brought enough!"

Now what everyone wants to know: PAYOUT!

Automatic Pro Mod:
Winner---$5,000
R/U-------$1,000
Semis----$400
1/4's-----$250
$150 entry

28x10.5 Stock Suspension will be $2,000 to win with a $75 entry fee.

Payouts for 6.0 and 7.0 will be posted later this week but will definately have $40 entry fee.

Hopefully this week all the loose ends will be tied up and as they are and I recieve information them I will post them up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you can make it David, look forward to meeting you. If you got any fliers, bring a plenty, we will make sure to get them out for you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This time things come courtesy of the Moving Man himself!

Von is going to give out two specialty awards for the Big Showdown.

$100 Move of the Race. This is for the pro mod racer with the best reaction time during the race.

$100 Long Haul award. This is for the team (pro mod or grudge) that travels the farthest distance to come to the Big Showdown.

There are only 2 people who will not be eligible for this prize money, Mike Hill and Steve Kirk.

Once again thank you to Von Fodrie and Airway Moving Systems out of New Bern, NC.

You da man Von!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts