Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Flat Earther
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
must be doing good. Since on the news tonight, they said the UAW wants a one week 4th of July holiday, traditional pay instead of two tier and starting wages, plus cost of living increases.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
You knew that would happen....the UAW bank roles the Auto companies....and now Auto companies are free and clear of the loans, don't think they don't want a piece of the action !

·
Registered
17,756 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
You knew that would happen....the UAW bank roles the Auto companies....and now Auto companies are free and clear of the loans, don't think they don't want a piece of the action !
Ford still has the debt...but I'm sure they will be a 'target' of the UAW this year....

·
Customer User Titty
3,394 Posts
must be doing good. Since on the news tonight, they said the UAW wants a one week 4th of July holiday, traditional pay instead of two tier and starting wages, plus cost of living increases.
Must be nice to get a whole week off instead of one day like the rest of us peons.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I work for a parts supplier to GM,we go negotiations coming up for our contract,hang on boys!!

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
GM Repays bailout loans

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/general-motors-repays-bailout-loans-early/19448388/

if it wasn't for the UAW; GM and Chrysler would have went bankrupt and closed, impacting hundreds of thousands of jobs in the U.S.
If it wasn't for the American taxpayer GM and Chrysler wouldnt exist today.Neither have paid back the tens of billions given to them.

The link you gave is just a smoke screen.You notice the GM TV ad with the we paid back the loan early got yanked after a couple days because they were lying.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Don't forget we owe China lots of money too.....guess GM don't look so bad if you look at it that way,haha.

·
Flat Earther
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must be nice to get a whole week off instead of one day like the rest of us peons.

Yep. Just getting the 4th off would be quite the luxury. I was always very thankful for getting Christmas day off. I worked many a Christmas eve, NYE and day and Easter Sundays. At best I "might" get time and a half. Not the double time and better I hear some get.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Sorry dudes,guess your in the wrong business,though with our new contract Iam willing to bet we get a lot of holidays taken away,but who knows.

·
Registered
855 Posts

I have worked for Chrysler for 15 years and a week of 4th of July vacation is not going to happen trust me. The two tier pay is not going anywhere either, been voted on, is in the contract and people are getting payed that way right now. For the cost of living increase? An increase from nothing would be nice, haven't had cost of living for about three years now.

·
Registered
762 Posts
GM Repays bailout loans

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/general-motors-repays-bailout-loans-early/19448388/

if it wasn't for the UAW; GM and Chrysler would have went bankrupt and closed, impacting hundreds of thousands of jobs in the U.S.
You forgot the part about if it wasn't for the UAW the automakers would'nt have been in the shape they were in. You really need to read some history books on the subject. Nothing against you UAW guys, but there's a lot more to all of this that what just happened in the last couple of years. This started the downward spiral back in the 70's. It just caught up to them now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You forgot the part about if it wasn't for the UAW the automakers would'nt have been in the shape they were in. You really need to read some history books on the subject. Nothing against you UAW guys, but there's a lot more to all of this that what just happened in the last couple of years. This started the downward spiral back in the 70's. It just caught up to them now.

Last time I check management runs the company and makes the decisions on what to do. I will tell you they make some pretty screwed up choices. If they would make cars that people want to buy and not the 1990 pigs with lipstick we would not be talking about this or be in this situation. I can't even think about what working conditions would be like if we didn't have the UAW! I am just tired of the media piling on the UAW, most of it is total BS!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts