Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Mr. Noisy
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people, who has it?

why is it the best?
is it the surface, the pits, the spectator areas, the lay out?

i have an ulterior motive.......... we are designing a 1/8th facility at the moment in regional Australia and we want an awesome track, with the right stuff. any help would be appreciated.

cheers, Justin.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Maryland International Raceway, best one I have been to for all around track, pits, restrooms etc
MIR is really tough to beat. Nicer bathrooms than a lot of restaurants!

I've been to Vegas as a spectator, but never ran there. Everything there are certainly nice too.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Denver/Bandimere is a sharp track. The staging lanes are downhill and the shutdown area is uphill. The track literally has coils underneath the first 3OO' to keep track temp under control in the summer. There are alot of restrooms that are kept very clean.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Vegas is the best track I have been to...Well set up,great parking for ALL teams,great parking for spectators,ultra clean rest rooms,great track surface,up hill shut off with pits down hill,you can coast to your pit after a run..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok people, who has it?

why is it the best?
is it the surface, the pits, the spectator areas, the lay out?

i have an ulterior motive.......... we are designing a 1/8th facility at the moment in regional Australia and we want an awesome track, with the right stuff. any help would be appreciated.

cheers, Justin.

Of the tracks I've been to I'd say Norwalk. Great track, good people running it.

Real drag racing is done to the 1/4 mile :p
So why designing for 1/8 mile? Is it a space issue or something?
Overall anyt drag racing is better than none, just never have been or will be a fan of 1/8 mile racing. Didn't like it as a racer & just can't get into it as a spectator unless it's running 3's & even then I can only get so excited.

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
Never been there, but from what I've heard, Carolina Dragway aka "The House of Hook" has an excellent racing surface. Lots of records set there in Radial, Limited, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Norwalk is hard to beat. Having the pro cars pit on one side and sportsman on the other is kind of neat.
I'm not sure I like Vegas having everything on one side of the track, but Ive only been there once. Vegas is nice though.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts