Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Maybe he is suspended for the race and they never made a public acknowledgment to save face.
Come on everyone know he was a little douche on tv the last race last year. Should be suspended until Gainesville. The least favorite TF champ of all time.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I see on Nitromater...

'By now everyone is wondering why the Torrence's are not present at Pomona this weekend. A source close to the situation tells me that Mama Kay and family are not planning to pay the $25,000 fine or have Steve go through the anger management classes that the NHRA imposed on him. The Torrence's are not planning to attend any races until the NHRA lifts the fines. Should be interesting to see how long the holdout lasts....I don't see the NHRA giving into there demands.

Side note: Why is Jeff Diehl and Scott Palmer not participating at pomona? Well, the Torrence racing group supplies both theses racers with parts. So if the Torrence's are not racing than the parts supply doesn't funnel down to them. Both racers are caught in a Catch 22.

Stay tuned for updates........"

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree with Mama Kay.
I side with Torrance and Larry Dixon
Fuck the corporate coxksuckers at nhra
Viva outlaw drag racing......

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Yeah, but it kind of stinks up the show when there are only 11 top fuel cars running...

I can remember in the late 80's when there'd be 30 TF cars at the Winters and qualifying really mattered.

On the other hand blonde babes are the top two spots and not some arrogant punk!

·
Registered
19,869 Posts
Yeah, but it kind of stinks up the show when there are only 11 top fuel cars running...

I can remember in the late 80's when there'd be 30 TF cars at the Winters and qualifying really mattered.

On the other hand blonde babes are the top two spots and not some arrogant punk!
follow that link, it only shows 8 cars

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Nope Terry McMillen ran a single and the other five were pairs.

And 15 funny cars, order shows 14 but the qualifying notes show Cruz Pedregon was pushed away after the burnout.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Furthermore, greedy NHRA powers that be, drop the qualified field of pro cars down to 8, instead of 16.
Qualifying dont mean shit nowadays in the pro fields.
Two additional days of testing, as all make the cut
Total bullshit.

·
Registered
25,348 Posts
I agree with Mama Kay.
I side with Torrance and Larry Dixon
Fuck the corporate coxksuckers at nhra
Viva outlaw drag racing......
I think little Stevey is a spoiled prick. That being said, I watched the Pro Stock Q&A with Warren, Greg, Jeg, Erica, and the guy who won the first US Nationals, Herb McCandless, and they talked about having match races where 35,000 showed up to watch it. You can’t get that many for a whole weekend at a national event anymore.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Jeff Diehl just withdrew his entry, so that makes 17- FC 15-TF 20-PS..... Neither Torrence car nor Salinas entered as it stands now.
Met Jeff Diehl and wife are etown
We had a huge crowd round his pit as NHRA gave them extr time for semi finals
Sadly last national there
NHRA listened that day to 30 of us.
Got to hand some tools to them as they thrashed and we’re misplacing wrenches .

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Like someone said above, Fuel ranks qualifying is a joke nowadays.....I wonder what would happen if qualifying order was averaged over all the sessions? Maybe additional points for the quickest/fastest, but Number One goes to the racer with quickest average......

21 - 40 of 42 Posts