Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe you can tell me if i am wrong here. We received an ad in the mail today from a car dealer, which works out ok since we are in the market for something else anyways. The gf doesn't like driving the gmc anyways.

In the ad it list a 2000 olds intrugue for $59.00 plus tax title and doc fees which brought it to about $350.00 . I call the dealer up and ask if this is correct and they say yes its just one of there sales gimmicks to get people in but it can be bought for that.

Well we figure wtf we will go look at it and see how big of a pos it is.Turns out the car is actually pretty nice for a 2000 . Worst case i turn around and sell it if we dont like it .

we go ahead and take it for a quick drive. when we get back i tell the salesperson ill take it home now , she says no problem.Go in and do the paper work and just about to pay for it when the finance guy tells her we have to leave it there for 21 days after buying it .

Umm no thats not the deal and no place in there ad did it state that. After going back and forth for a little while i tell them i wont agree to that and at that point they basiclly tell me we wont sell you the car and tough shit.
At this point its not even so much to do with the car as the treatment.
So is this common practice? Am i wrong in getting pissed about it?
should i forget it or post all the dealers info and let The Bullet have at it? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
231 Posts
thats a pretty stupid deal! Fuck them! What is the reason they want it to stay there? So they can do that to all kinds of people to get them to buy something else? Post it up! :smt071:smt071

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Whats a doc fee? I know tax and title on $59 isnt that much. You know, its probably just a sales gimmick. You think your the only one smart enough to buy a $59 car?

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
I would have done the deal, Then I would be calling the state attorney generals office and filing a complaint. Within a couple of days you would have your cheap car. The local GMC dealer tried that shit, they had a dirt cheap Envoy in the ad. I quickly jumped in my truck and drove to the dealer. I asked about the truck and they said yup its right there, upfront all detailed out the ass and then I get but we just closed the deal 5 minutes ago.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
You actually thought you can buy a car that is in one piece, runs and you can drive it ALL FOR $59.00?!?!

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
They have to have the car for the 21 days left in their ad, or other wise they can get in trouble for fraud. Happens here a lot.

·
Registered
29,313 Posts
You actually thought you can buy a car that is in one piece, runs and you can drive it ALL FOR $59.00?!?!

They do sell them for that and they have to if they ran an ad, but they wanted to keep it there and say "sorry it's sold but could I interest you in a $25,000 car??"

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
They do sell them for that and they have to if they ran an ad, but they wanted to keep it there and say "sorry it's sold but could I interest you in a $25,000 car??"
M'kay

·
Registered
29,313 Posts

You need to E-mail that place that you posted...:rolleyes:

So what they gave the guy $1500 -2000 for that trade in, Ran a full page ad for 21 days saying they are selling that car for $59..

Which do you think cost more the car or the ad? Oh and they right off the car as advertising expence...

Oh and another thing sometimes airlines sell tickets for $59 too..Do you really think you can fly to another location in a big ole plane for that price??

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
I woulda bought the fucker. Don't say shit about the 21 days. Don't sign anything about the 21 days. Then drive home and report the bitch stolen

1 - 20 of 29 Posts