Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shearer already said he would step up for the DSM (Talon/Eclipse) camp. We need a Mustang shop to do a stang.

The Challenge is to take a stock DSM and a stock 5.0L Mustang, throw 5K at each car and see who runs the quicker ET.

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
do all parts have to be paid for, will donated parts go towards the 5k total?

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best way to keep it fair would probably be to add whatever part as what it retailed (or wholesaled for) new.

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
do all parts have to be paid for, will donated parts go towards the 5k total?
You start letting parts be donated itll end up getting way the hell out of controll. IMO it should be $5k worth of parts installed on a stock car.

Still curious where the hell youre gonna find a stock mustang or a stock DSM.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Way to grey! Fun concept but there is no way to ref the whole thing.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You start letting parts be donated itll end up getting way the hell out of controll. IMO it should be $5k worth of parts installed on a stock car.

That isn't a problem for either camp.

They are still out there, or at least the engines are. We all have a pretty good idea what both are capable of (without cheating)...who wants an ass load of free advertising?

Race could even happen on pinks or 1320X (Nate is a member)....

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Tell ya what you find someone to put the money up for the Mustang and ill do it and ill buy every part I use and ill have a receipt for each part on the car.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell ya what you find someone to put the money up for the Mustang and ill do it and ill buy every part I use and ill have a receipt for each part on the car.
We have one of the best 4G63 guys in the world on the Talon, so I would expect a similar level-shop handle the stang.

-Nothing against you dude, and big props for stepping up.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
I have a LX being converted from 4 cyl now to V-8,I have ALL the stock V-8 stuff including T-5 and V-8 Computer.So how is this supposed to work?

Is there a company that will buy the parts or do we (the owner) of the car buys the parts? Does the winner collect 5 g's from a sponsor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Way to grey! Fun concept but there is no way to ref the whole thing.
Its pretty easy to ref it as long as you have people who play fair.

I can wait to see this happen, would be an awesome thing to happen and I am excited!

-------------------
97 GSX: Built 7-Bolt | 1g race head |Tial 38mm WG | Punishment Mani/o2 | JMFab SMIM | Bosch 1680's | HKS 272 | Fidanza cam gears | 1g TB | GT3582R | DSMLINK | Fluidampr pully | 3" N1 | FP 4" Intake | AEM WB | CM S5-4 Puck | Eibach pro's | RRE Camber kit | Nitto Invo's

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a LX being converted from 4 cyl now to V-8,I have ALL the stock V-8 stuff including T-5 and V-8 Computer.So how is this supposed to work?

Is there a company that will buy the parts or do we (the owner) of the car buys the parts? Does the winner collect 5 g's from a sponsor?
Depends where it goes! :cool:

I was thinking it would end up as a shop VS shop thing..for advertising..possibly on TV...and this 5000 page thread LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts

Stock DSM's are not that hard to find, I have a stock 95 GST, well.. pretty stock hehe. Intake, exhaust and BoV, thats it, I consider that stock.

---------
97 GSX: Built 7-Bolt | 1g race head |Tial 38mm WG | Punishment Mani/o2 | JMFab SMIM | Bosch 1680's | HKS 272 | Fidanza cam gears | 1g TB | GT3582R | DSMLINK | Fluidampr pully | 3" N1 | FP 4" Intake | AEM WB | CM S5-4 Puck | Eibach pro's | RRE Camber kit | Nitto Invo's

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Someone let me know how this thing is supposed to happen or put up a link please.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does required safety equipment count against the $5K?

Why 20 year old cars? Does the mustang have to retain a 8.2 deck SBF? Does it even have to be Ford powered?
Yes, STOCK 5.0L mustang must be the starting point.

This is the thing, you bought the car and have 5K to spend. Who's quicker?

Of coarse there will be porting and other labors added in (not included)...but the parts cannot add over 5K.

1 - 20 of 324 Posts