Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running Turbonetics 62-1s and wanted to upgrade to bigger turbos and they recommended TC76s. I was concerned about spool time being they were considerably bigger than the 62s, but, these turbos spool super fast just like they said using the .81 A/R. I havent dyno'd the motor or ran the car at the track yet but from some initial driving, and testing some launches on the brake I couldnt be happier.

On a side note Matt and the guys at Supernatural are some great guys and were also very accomodating and helpful with their customer support when I was looking for turbos. Next time I get a turbo/turbos they will be one of the companies I will be contacting again. The only selling point that made my final decision this time was the fact that the TC76s were a bolt on replacement for the 62s.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I was running Turbonetics 62-1s and wanted to upgrade to bigger turbos and they recommended TC76s. I was concerned about spool time being they were considerably bigger than the 62s, but, these turbos spool super fast just like they said using the .81 A/R. I havent dyno'd the motor or ran the car at the track yet but from some initial driving, and testing some launches on the brake I couldnt be happier.

On a side note Matt and the guys at Supernatural are some great guys and were also very accomodating and helpful with their customer support when I was looking for turbos. Next time I get a turbo/turbos they will be one of the companies I will be contacting again. The only selling point that made my final decision this time was the fact that the TC76s were a bolt on replacement for the 62s.

Glad you like them. We have several customers running 7's and 8's with the TC's. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
DR Turbo, how much power can a TC78 with .96ar make... how fast have guys with small motors gone?? thanks..

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
DR Turbo, how much power can a TC78 with .96ar make... how fast have guys with small motors gone?? thanks..
TJ over at Baker engineering made 811rwhp with a TC78 and 1.15A/R on a LS based motor. Most have gone though that are running them mid-low 9's.

·
Registered
49,432 Posts
had a friend with a aluminator long block 4v in a notch go 8.70's with one of those at 2800lbs.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
had a friend with a aluminator long block 4v in a notch go 8.70's with one of those at 2800lbs.

Dang :smt118. TJ tested the swap from the .96A/R to the 1.15A/R housing and the back pressure dropped and picked up even more power. Sounds like that car with a 1.15A/R could go some 8.6's... geez

·
Registered
914 Posts
We got a pair of TC78's with a .68 a/r on a 422 LSX running 7.9's @ 178 @ 3600#s on E85. There's another 6 to 10 psi left in the setup.
68 is the F1 turbine wheel size aka "trim".

You're probably running a 81 or 96 AR.....it should be marked on the housing.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
How fast would a tc. 67mm spool comparedto something persicion or garreett offers in the same size.
Pretty much the same. Tnetics and PTE share the same hotsides. Excellent wheels for both spool and performance....you can't go wrong with either.

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Glad you like them. We have several customers running 7's and 8's with the TC's. If you need anything else, give us a shout.
some "doorless" cars in the sixes too...:smt118

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Ash, your car is just plain sick....lol. You need the GTM race covers ;)

yeep...
this is true....
but the TC's are going 'ok'
the twin 72mm's are at 36psi at the moment.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts