1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Good guy who loves racing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
He is that! I remember the first time he ran at Atlanta with NHRA, we were just walking past and he and few crew guys were getting in a Suburban.... He was yelling at one of them to hurry up and get in, because he was hungry. I just jokingly said, where you buying dinner at Clay? He snapped around and in his way with words said, if you can follow us, I'll buy dinner.... Much to his suprise, we couldn't get out of the parking area as fast as they did, but we ended up at the same place. Then is when it happened. They left and we never got a bill. We asked the waitress about our bill and she, honestly, said... Some skinny hick talking dude got it... I like to have fell out the chair. So, needless to say, the next day we had to find him and thank him. He is is hoot to be around!

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
I talked to Gilligan in Atlanta a few years ago after he had won the race in Huntsville and said I hope to see him at one our little race places again. He laughed and said that was the best damn racing party of his life and he appreciated the sympathy Wally!!!

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! I know Mark and Lauren Pickens!!! They lived about 5 houses from me when I was growing up. Wow. Saw him at the track in a GORGEOUS Vette maybe 4-5 years ago. Great, great people.

Awesome to see them teamed up with Millican and big thanks to KK for stepping up with the race sponsorship.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Its good to see them out in compitition again. My neibour used to be partners with kenny and he told my g/f that he was going to try to get me up to thier shop to check it out,that would be cool.
Greg

·
Registered
490 Posts
I meet Clay in Huntsville Al, we had both won our classes. He was way cool , took several pics with me and our trophies. I even had him sign mine. He said it was the first time he had signed a Walley! Im was happy to see him running top fuel this past weekend.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Clay is a good friend and one hell of a driver, always a blast to hang out with. It seems like he is never too busy for the fans, great to see him back in the seat!! Jay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts