Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW BEST THIS PAST SAT:
Ran a 9.393 @ 144, tire smokin 1.40 60' , spun through 1st. For the 1st time ever since fixin' up the old slapper bar suspension had a traction problem. Slicks are old and it bent the hell out of both the bars on the launch, so with some simple changes, there's hope for a low 1.3 60' again, I think. This is a street cruiser, 3,520 lbs with a 10.6:1 comp 434 small block. Notice on the video how good the new converter works!

Video Below!!!!!!!
http://picapic.net/media/V6F7524

·
Super Moderator
19,357 Posts
Sure did spin ,Im sure it will get quicker with some tuning and maybe wouldn't hurt to take a little rear gear out of it someday. Didn't get to hear a pass with the old converter but it sounds like the one you have now is pulling the motor down on the shifts quite well.
Thanks for posting the video ,In-Car stuff is really cool.

Take care ,Hutch

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hutch said:
Sure did spin ,Im sure it will get quicker with some tuning and maybe wouldn't hurt to take a little rear gear out of it someday. Didn't get to hear a pass with the old converter but it sounds like the one you have now is pulling the motor down on the shifts quite well.
Thanks for posting the video ,In-Car stuff is really cool.

Take care ,Hutch
You're welcome! The old converter was a mess!!! Yes, this one seems to work good so far, with fresh slicks I'm sure it will gain back some 60' time. Have considered changing the rear gear, it's a 3.89 now with a 28" tall tire - what do you think may be a good move? Not sure if you noticed, but it does not do that well past 6,800 rpm or so in high gear. I think that's due to the cam, on the mtr it runs best shifting at 6,500 rpm or so. The gear may help that too? Cam is 256/264 at .050 and .624 lift, 109 lsa. Yeah I could change the cam - but this is a street car, so I kinda like the idea of changing the gear and gaining more highway speed for driving it to work.

THANKS!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,357 Posts
The 434 just sounded like it was all over at the end of the pass. I think a 3.55 gear would really help it out on that short tire.

Take care ,Hutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts