Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this info in the nitrous section but I thought I would share my results with everybody outside of the nitrous forum!!!!!!!!!

I recently installed a new PTC 10"converter and it payed off. Before it was hit or miss on the wheelies and the consistancy wasnt there. My previous best was a [email protected] with a 1.23 60ft. That was a good pass but I couldnt repeat that on a consistant basis. After installing the converter, first hit off the trailer was a [email protected] with a 1.33 60ft.
second pass was a [email protected] with a 1.30 60ft
third pass was a [email protected] with a 1.26 60ft
last pass was a [email protected] with a 1.24 60ft
It Never spun and never got the wheels more than 6" off the ground and responded well the the changes I made with the progressive.
A little info about the combo. Its a 427sbf with victor jr heads, single stage double cross plate in a 3000lb stock suspension 93 hatchback mustang on 275/60 radials
Just wanted to say thanks to Kenny at PTC and Monte Smith for the tune up advice

·
Registered
845 Posts
I put this info in the nitrous section but I thought I would share my results with everybody outside of the nitrous forum!!!!!!!!!

I recently installed a new PTC 10"converter and it payed off. Before it was hit or miss on the wheelies and the consistancy wasnt there. My previous best was a [email protected] with a 1.23 60ft. That was a good pass but I couldnt repeat that on a consistant basis. After installing the converter, first hit off the trailer was a [email protected] with a 1.33 60ft.
second pass was a [email protected] with a 1.30 60ft
third pass was a [email protected] with a 1.26 60ft
last pass was a [email protected] with a 1.24 60ft
It Never spun and never got the wheels more than 6" off the ground and responded well the the changes I made with the progressive.
A little info about the combo. Its a 427sbf with victor jr heads, single stage double cross plate in a 3000lb stock suspension 93 hatchback mustang on 275/60 radials
Just wanted to say thanks to Kenny at PTC and Monte Smith for the tune up advice
:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tyler, you know that Holly Springs is the place to be...............We just need to get duck and his crew to do one race at Holly Springs and one race ant SGMP. That track is by far the best track in the southeast in my opinion.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,821 Posts
Nah Piedmont got you guys beat there, BUT nice passes and great to see you getting faster consistently!

I may try a PTC converter out in a future car, it'd be hard to turn my back on Greg at FTI and the 5% slip I see at the big end of the track, but from what I've seen PTC can do the same.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.