Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit my first rocky's rental today, just have to say THANK YOU!

it was a perfect day to be at the track, great cars all over the grounds.
the track was awsome...and we walked away with new numbers and can come out next year guns blazin cuz i'll be licensed, and the bottle will be on.

track update:
pass 1 - 9.56 @ 141mph off the trailer.

pass 2 - got the final licensing pass needed..time to send in the paperwork. good since driver screwed up and pulled right thru 2nd into third (woops).

... pass 3 - hit the 7k limiter cuz we didn't switch it off (woops)....but still ran 10.11 after bobbling the throttle heavily early track.

pass 4 - hard solid launch and great numbers. sadly we went thru the finishline with zero oil pressure...so we called it quits and have some investigation to do but we think we found it.

new personal bests:
new best 60' = 1.3170 (1.35 previous huge gain)
new best 1/4 et = 9.47 (9.64 previous)
new best 1/4 MPH = 142 mph

we added a air isolator under the hood to seal the carb and draw fresh air from the base of the windshield. we also we jetted the carb again, and fed the motor more timing.

car was running great just gotta edit the humans involved lol.

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Congratulatons on seting personal bests. During the oildown wait, I got a chance to take look at your car, very nice ride. You've been working on it for few years now??? I think I remember some pictures being posted on the progress a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank you. yes its been a long journy about, 9 yrs worth, but everything except the wiring was done in backyard shops...so to come out this year and go straight down the track each pass...get great numbers on the motor only...and get licensed we have exceeded our expactations. we thought we would be fighting the chassis and just shaking it down all season this year...and to not have to deal with that and be able to just attack the tune-up and try for better numbers its been awsome.

thanks on the props....our goal was to build a true in the spirit of NPS car....an 90's square tube backhalf full interior pro-street hitter....I couldn't be more happy with the results, and i love my power windows...hehe

the car is a NPS legal car...so we will hit NMCA when they come around, but not exactly sure what the plan is...being a big tire car kinda limits my options for classes these days. and i'll be below the 9s limit of open comp for friday night.
im looking at top sportsman but im still a tad slow and no electronics..so kinda thinking prolly not. i'd love to be part of the friday stuff....just gotta figure out how to fit in....don't need to be "winning" just want to be qualifing able so its not a huge waste of effort. NMCA/NSCA street legal heads up stuff is what i got hooked on after i got out of jr's so anythign i can be involved in with that is where i wanna be.

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
If you could put a 29.5 x 10.5 on it you could race OLS next season.

thank you. yes its been a long journy about, 9 yrs worth, but everything except the wiring was done in backyard shops...so to come out this year and go straight down the track each pass...get great numbers on the motor only...and get licensed we have exceeded our expactations. we thought we would be fighting the chassis and just shaking it down all season this year...and to not have to deal with that and be able to just attack the tune-up and try for better numbers its been awsome.

thanks on the props....our goal was to build a true in the spirit of NPS car....an 90's square tube backhalf full interior pro-street hitter....I couldn't be more happy with the results, and i love my power windows...hehe

the car is a NPS legal car...so we will hit NMCA when they come around, but not exactly sure what the plan is...being a big tire car kinda limits my options for classes these days. and i'll be below the 9s limit of open comp for friday night.
im looking at top sportsman but im still a tad slow and no electronics..so kinda thinking prolly not. i'd love to be part of the friday stuff....just gotta figure out how to fit in....don't need to be "winning" just want to be qualifing able so its not a huge waste of effort. NMCA/NSCA street legal heads up stuff is what i got hooked on after i got out of jr's so anythign i can be involved in with that is where i wanna be.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
I would say that is legal !!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well then.

gear, rims, and tires on order....we will be shooting to compete in OLS next season.

i'll send a pic and email to milan just to be 100% so i dont waste money...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts