Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question, I have two trans,one with an ati compu flow brake and one with the hipster. Tonight I noticed both have the stock blue spring. Is this typical. ....I've had nothing but tranny problems...wondering if the line pressure with the blue spring is too low. I have a yellow it's dang stiff... also can you take pressure reading of the side of the case and not the lines correct? Or both?

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
If its a clutch eater then its possible that the line pressure is low but I thought you were eating planetaries?
Yes I would check the line pressure from the 1/8 NPT port on the side of the case but it would also be a good idea to record the cooler line pressure also.

Hutch

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think I got the planets figured out. Threw in the spare with the hipster lasted three passes. Had it looked over by a few builders checked out ok....lasted only three passes. Hit second gear and boom... rpm'd to the moon. possible sprag problem. I've always had heat check marks on the intermediates..... the least of my problems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My line pressure on the cooler line was 50lbs when you put it in gear went to 0. This was after the tranny grenaded.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey by the way thanks for all your help and advice. I'd probably be in the corner still crying!

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
A few heat marks won't be too bad in comparison to what you have gone through. What did you figure was the problem with the planetaries , the problem you described is not a common one for sure.

Hutch

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I found two things there was a crack in the case on the pressure side of the pump, and second the canter support bolt hole was egged out. I think the noise was the center support rattling around. I should have taken a closer look instead of having blinders on. You were right a definite lube problem!!. Thanks again Hutch.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This trans had a rolled sprag .....used two prybars to get it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts