Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, new to the forum here. so I purchased new th400 reverse manual valve body , transbrake , ptc converter. so my trans has park , reverse , neutral, when I select 1st I can feel engaging into first then when I let go the brake car moves about foot and locks up. second gear is there, not sure about 3rd. this happed second time. first time I drove the car around block in 2nd and my trans builder told me to pull it out . results, welded 5 direct clutches, bad direct steel plate, bad low band, bad 34 element sprag. builder claimed that I shifted trans backwards. not true. now I got the trans back in the car and same problem. please help. thanks

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
internal leak . leak past brake valve . leak through converter feed in pump

dont drive it that way if it dont move it wont fry the clutches . if it took out the sprag thats a bit strange i dont get that. but there are many here that know more than i do

its a simple trans canot be much wrong just sounds like partial apply of forward wile in any other gear and the feed is in the pump case i would suspect the problem is in there or the valve body

time for a new trans builder . he just cant assume you shifted the trans backwards as the engine is still together

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your input. I wanted to add , when I installed the trans, converter backed up quite a bit to sit on the flexplate. about 9mm.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you know it is full of fluid and the shifter is adjusted correctly than take it apart yourself or find another transmission builder..You can have a mismatch of parts and or modifications done to the trans causing your issues..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts