Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 yr. old tci competition trans with rev. manual valvebody, rebuilding trans and i would like the speedo to be operable if possible. right now the trans doesnt have a governer so i am missing one of the speedo gears. im learning about transmissions through this rebuild and i am wondering if i can put a governer back in it even if its inoperable so the speedo gear will have a place to ride. if this will work does anybody know which speedo gears i need? 29.5 tall tire and a 3.73 gear. i hope this is clear to everyone as this is the first trans ive really had totally apart.

thanks much, joel

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
10 yr. old tci competition trans with rev. manual valvebody, rebuilding trans and i would like the speedo to be operable if possible. right now the trans doesnt have a governer so i am missing one of the speedo gears. im learning about transmissions through this rebuild and i am wondering if i can put a governer back in it even if its inoperable so the speedo gear will have a place to ride. if this will work does anybody know which speedo gears i need? 29.5 tall tire and a 3.73 gear. i hope this is clear to everyone as this is the first trans ive really had totally apart.

thanks much, joel

The gov. drive is part of the output shaft & the drive gear for the speedo goes directly behind the gov. drive on the output shaft. So it will not be nessassary to use the gov.

There are two different style shafts one with a hole for the speedo gear retainer & the other has no hole at all.

The hole style shaft uses a plastic gear & the other uses a steel gear that is presses on

You can also drill the non-hole style so that it can use the plastic gear w/ratainer combo

Hope this helps

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot, now i really feel like a dumbass! my output shaft doesnt have a speedo gear on it at all, it will when it goes back together though. i bought a book on th400 trans, that will be a big help too.

thanks again, joel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts