Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through my TH400 as long as I have it out. What’s the go to friction choice for the 1500hp range with typical 6 forward, 3 intermediate, 6 direct full thickness friction counts?

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
3 plates aren't going to be thinking much of 1500hp in the intermediate no matter what you use. Borg warner plates work very well. If you want me to talk about the magic plates and Kolene steels, that won't be happening. 😁

Hutch

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree on my 3 clutch intermediate being a weak point but it’s ok until I can upgrade to a 36 element sprag and aluminum drum with 4 frictions. They’re dark but I can still read the numbers on them when I change them. Always have used regular borg steels. Never had issue with them. No need for so called fancy shit. Just curious what type friction is best in the shifting clutches these days. Fwd doesn’t really care I know as it’s always engaged.

·
Registered
811 Posts
We like the Gen2 Blues -expensive but very long lasting in normal race use, but we have used Raybestos St 1's, Alto G3's, Alto reds etc. I have seen the BW grooved tans in some Rosslers that seem to hold up well between refreshes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts