Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the tranny crossmember from Stifflers but cant remember where to get the proper bell housing and flywheel for the swap.. I also have a brand new PTC converter that was made for a blown BB so Im going to see if they loosen it up, or maybe just sell it for a new one.. Rear gears are currently 3.73's but thinking of going 3.21 (8.8 rear) or maybe lower...This car has a TT 347.. Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,176 Posts
Got the tranny crossmember from Stifflers but cant remember where to get the proper bell housing and flywheel for the swap.. I also have a brand new PTC converter that was made for a blown BB so Im going to see if they loosen it up, or maybe just sell it for a new one.. Rear gears are currently 3.73's but thinking of going 3.21 (8.8 rear) or maybe lower...This car has a TT 347.. Thoughts?
PTC used to do a trade in type deal.
Gear will depend on tire height and vehicle use.
jw for the bell.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I might have that bell housing for you.. To mount a SBF to a TH400 tranny.. I went with a Reid case turbo 400, and I'm thinking I've still got the bellhousing when I ran a stock case th400..

If interested, I'll see if I can find it around here..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have that bell housing for you.. To mount a SBF to a TH400 tranny.. I went with a Reid case turbo 400, and I'm thinking I've still got the bellhousing when I ran a stock case th400..

If interested, I'll see if I can find it around here..
Let me know if you find it, Ill buy it off you if it mates up to a 8.2 Dart Iron Eagle block..

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Let me know if you find it, Ill buy it off you if it mates up to a 8.2 Dart Iron Eagle block..
I found it.. And there is also a 157 tooth, zero balanced, SFI flex plate for a SBF in the box..
The bellhousing also has the longer grade 8 transmission pump bolts, needed to mount it to a TH400..

It's all guaranteed to bolt to your small block Ford.. Expand my signature to view my setup..

Here is what it looks like..

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Well it looks like I dug this stuff out for nothing.. Growler doesn't really want it.. Maybe with all that's going on, his priorities have changed.. I can understand that..

Before I stick this stuff back in storage, I'll offer it to anyone else that may want it.. I'll let it go for 100 bucks plus shipping.. If you price these parts out, it's over 500 dollars.. That's a super deal..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like I dug this stuff out for nothing.. Growler doesn't really want it.. Maybe with all that's going on, his priorities have changed.. I can understand that..

Before I stick this stuff back in storage, I'll offer it to anyone else that may want it.. I'll let it go for 100 bucks plus shipping.. If you price these parts out, it's over 500 dollars.. That's a super deal..
Ill take it man, sorry for the delay.. Ruptured by bicep 3 days ago and had to go in for emergency surgery to reattach it.. Whats the best way to get in touch with you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts