Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a reverse manual jw mega trans and reverse engages when I push the transbrake button in park and the car moves backward.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
That may be how the valve body is designed.Are you saying the car moves from its location?If it does the parking paul is not engaged.On my valve body if you push the brake button in park the reverse circuit is engaged and will try to rotate the output shaft counter clockwise but the parking pawl locking mechanism prevents the output shaft from rotating.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I guess I never noticed. The car did seem to move though. I'll have to check cable adjustment and make sure the pawl is engaging. What is the proper way to use reverse? Neutral with button, reverse with button or just reverse? I added a solid state relay to use the fast xfi for 2 step and the creep feature and popped a fuse and the brake solonoid seemed shorted but the battery was very low also. I charged it up and changed the fuse and all seemed fine except my ams 1000 would not take the clutch input as ground. The ams seemed to be back feeding through the clutch input and activating the brake solonoid. I just switched it back to positive activation as it was before without the relay, hooked to the brake solonoid output from the relay. It seemed to work but when pushing the brake button the ams solonoids were pulsing which I never noticed before. Then the ams stopped seeing the clutch input all together and would not function properly anymore. I noticed the activation in park when trying to figure what the f was with the ams and thought just great the trans is f'd up too.

·
Super Moderator
19,432 Posts
Sounds like you have many problems. Contact JW and have them advise you on the proper way of engaging reverse. They have a few valve bodies and I don't know which one you have so I can't say for sure.

Hutch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hutch. Everything was normal until I started messing with this relay. Just power to the button and right to the brake solonoid and clutch input on the ams. I needed the relay for the 2 step as the xfi needs ground activation and I get this mess. I'm gonna contact nlr to see if they could help also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts