Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full manual th350 with a modulator thats not hooked up right now, can i replace it with a modulator plug or does it need to have the valve in there?

·
Registered
217 Posts
if your using a full manual valve body, leave the modulator valve in the case, but you can either use a modulator to seal the hole with hold down with no vacuum source needed, or you can remove the vacuum modulator replace it with the plug and hold down. Make sure you have at lease the 1 O-ring with either one to seal it. Burt

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, when i had gotten the trans origionaly it had a modulator in it and i put the plug in (with the valve) and there was no reverse but it was a used transmission so i took it back to the tranny shop and they said it was just the seal so they replaced it and i put the modulator back in and went with it but i think itll look cleaner without the modulator there.

Also the tranny still has the govener on it, dont the normally pull it for manual VB applications?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Some manual shifts (mostly manual shift kits) kept the govenor in the case, if it has the govenor, it won't hurt to keep it in as either one of us knows what the builder did before you got it. Most reverse manual performance valve bodies block off the govenor feed. As long as the trans works good, I wouldn't tamper with it. If your wanting changes, I would let a local builder inspect it to let you know what can be done. Good luck with your project. Burt

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill leave it alone then, ive already had to helicoil 2 pump bolts and both of the transmission mount mounting bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts