Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some up graded parts. I cracked my direct planet add center support sprag in junk. any info would be great.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a front and a rear planetary. As there is a front/intermediate and rear/ low sprag. Which are you referring to?
I need the rear planetary and the rear/low sprag with center support .
it doesn't look like there is any upgrades for these parts. other than a 700r4 wider center support

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The point Hipster was trying to make is that a Glide is the upgrade...
I understand that a glide would be much better. But this is a 4wheel drive mud drag. All I do is trans brake and run 1st and second gear. my final gear ratio in second gear is 6.90.
Using a glide to with one gear I don't know if I could pull the whole 200 ft track. and if I was to run the two gears I would have to re gear the truck.

Is this a common break point using a trans brake? because it let go when I released the button. and just shook like hell.

this tranny has held up very well for 3 years at the track. its just the new motor is killing everything between the crank and the tires.
There is one more weekend to run this year I am going to find a donor core to get the hard parts and look more into a glide over the winter.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
this tranny has held up very well for 3 years at the track.
Depending on how many passes your making per year sounds like
the 350 is holding up well 4 you.
My experience with mud guys seem et faster with a pinion brake.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a Monster transmission full race turbo 350. reverse full manual valve body with trans brake has the upgraded 36 element sprag. FTI 5,800 stall converter. I know its not going to hold up to the new 598 . But we don't hook as hard on mud as you guys do on asphalt . I got 8 passes on the new motor around 1,100 hp

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 700R4 center support its galled up the wide roller clutch is burnt and the rollers are 1/2 missing. The rear sprag is junk the snap rings on the sun shell are popped off one is missing and the small bushing is melted Right out of the output shaft. I am thinking the cheep plastic bushing might be the cause of all this. don't know why someone would use a plastic bushing with a full race trans brake tranny. Not saying the HP had any help but with the bushing completely melted it was very sloppy in there. A bronze bushing will go back in. anyone see this before?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have a 700R4 center support its galled up the wide roller clutch is burnt and the rollers are 1/2 missing. The rear sprag is junk the snap rings on the sun shell are popped off one is missing and the small bushing is melted Right out of the output shaft. I am thinking the cheep plastic bushing might be the cause of all this. don't know why someone would use a plastic bushing with a full race trans brake tranny. Not saying the HP had any help but with the bushing completely melted it was very sloppy in there. A bronze bushing will go back in. anyone see this before?
Plastic bushing is better IMO. Nothing will live without lube.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I seem to have a missing o ring seal on the rear piston. can anyone tell me why someone would leave it out. Is this part of a duel feed to the low clutch?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts