Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TH-400 I am getting ready for the drive shaft. The problem I have is the output shaft seal is 1.6 and no one makes a yoke with 1350 u-joints nor do I really want it.(just a yoke with a thinner wall) Are the output shafts the same in the newer Th-400 as the old ones? What i would like to do is just switch the tailhousing out so I have a different seal size on the back of the Tranny. The seal size I need is 1.88 or can I take the tailhousing that I have and machine it out?

·
Registered
270 Posts
As far as I know all 400 output seals and shafts are the same size. Some bolt on and some have longer slip yokes and they make yokes for the big joints. There was a tranny called a 375 I believe that looked like a 400 but had a turbo 350 output shaft size and was weaker internally. Rod

·
Registered
781 Posts
You have a 64 to 67 tail housing. Get a later model tail housing to solve your problem.....

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I'll look into the tail housing I counted the splines and their was 32, not 27 like the TH375.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thank you,Left 4 dead, I learned something today about old TH400. Guess since that was when I was born you will forgive me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts