Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done some reading and searching and i have a few questions on building my own 400. when putting the sealing rings on the pump and center support i see were u can leave the 2nd sealing ring off on each.can u just do that or do u need to do something else along with it to make it work right?in the direct drum what color springs or type of spring is needed for a heavy duty purpose.can u put a 34 element sprag on a stock center support or would it be a better idea to buy a after market heavy duty bushed center support.in steed of using a cast drum is there a better heavy duty drum that is better without breaking the bank.any help will be great.i hope i am on the right track.i just want it to last for years of fun.i have a manual reverse valve body and do drive on the street a bit.just want something that shifts quick and real firm.thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i have done some reading and searching and i have a few questions on building my own 400. when putting the sealing rings on the pump and center support i see were u can leave the 2nd sealing ring off on each.can u just do that or do u need to do something else along with it to make it work right?in the direct drum what color springs or type of spring is needed for a heavy duty purpose.can u put a 34 element sprag on a stock center support or would it be a better idea to buy a after market heavy duty bushed center support.in steed of using a cast drum is there a better heavy duty drum that is better without breaking the bank.any help will be great.i hope i am on the right track.i just want it to last for years of fun.i have a manual reverse valve body and do drive on the street a bit.just want something that shifts quick and real firm.thanks in advance

Leaving the 2nd ring off the center support or the direct drum allows "dual feeding". You need to follow the directions for your VB to know what needs to be done.

There are billet aluminum and steel drums but they are going to break the bank and aren't necessary in most applications.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dual-Feed: drop 2nd C-Support seal-ring. Separator Plate has a tiny bleed hole at "REV feed" next to Center Support Bolt.: I plug it with a 0-80 bolt&nut, then peen the thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts