Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a th-400 trans with transbrake. no first gear when i hit transbrake in reverse it goes in to reverse but seams to slip second & third work good. then when i put it in 2 gear then put it in 1st. 1st will work with 1st working thansbrake does not work. the guy told me it was a ******* trans brake thanks dave

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Put it in neutral and hit the button for reverse.

I'm not really understanding your post. Are you saying your trans has first gear but no brake function in 1st? Or you don't have any first gear due to slipping?

It could be a low sprag issue. If the brake doesn't work and reverse slips, then the band adjustment is at fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i put it in first gear it does not move . if i put in 2nd gear first then it will move in first gear but transbrake will not work . it backs up with transbrake activated but slips. some times first gear will move backwards when transbrake is activated .

·
Super Moderator
19,737 Posts
Sounds a little like your shifter linkage is out to lunch.
Check the linkage so that there is no binding and get the adjustment perfect in 1-2-3 , then report back.

Hutch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hutch got 1-2-3 still have no trans brake solenoid is working going to pull solenoid to see if valve is stuck thanks for help dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts