1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Eventually they will make phones inoperable if you are moving,I'm sure they have the technology now since they have gps in the phone.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
It does not say if it will block the asshole next to you that is on the phone,because I will buy it just to get the one's that are using theirs to lose there signal :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
this is funny Mark a few years ago I did a post on this me and my brother put a device in my neices car that did the same thing when she started driving and I got a bunch of shit on here for bad parenting. It was said if you cant trust them to not text and drive then they dont need to be driving yet and I totally disagree look around when you drive females are the worst and do it ALL THE TIME! I dont think the younger people can handle not being in contact with someone 24 - 7 Well it worked she doesnt text and drive or yak on the phone she pulls over to use the phone and is still alive!

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,432 Posts
this is funny Mark a few years ago I did a post on this me and my brother put a device in my neices car that did the same thing when she started driving and I got a bunch of shit on here for bad parenting. It was said if you cant trust them to not text and drive then they dont need to be driving yet !
More comments from people here who dont have kids old enough to drive, they will get thier taste of teenagers someday.

I watched a 60 minutes special about kids whos parents swore they would not text and drive. Guess what cameras in the car, every damn one of the kids text and drove, a couple of them drove onto the shoulder, and one kid blew right through a stop sign.

They had a news flash here, texting is illegal. They only gave out 7 tickets for texting while driving last month locally. They said the law states tickets can only be for texting, and the could not prove the other 185 susspected were not on the internet. So you can surf facebook legally but can not text, WTF is wrong with this world ?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
To so many texting and facebook are so addictive worse than drugs they need something to keep them from hurting themselves or others and Im all for measures to stop them in a car.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Here's my take on all this, for whats it it's worth.
Eventually enough deaths or a horrific tragedy, a school bus, a car through a crowd, soccer mom and her kids killed due to texting or cell phone use will grab the nations attention. The media will act like it's a new found issue, people will demand action. Politicians will be forced to do something which they probably won't. The fight will turn to which party can make the other look less caring, ultimately they'll just kick it down the road. The cell industry will offer blocking technology as an option for parents. Insurance companies will give discount for installing it or maybe even require it. The judicial system will require blocker as part of the punishment for be caught texting or talking. For new drivers and under 18-21 will be required as part to have blockers as part of driving privilege's.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Brother-in-law was an OTR driver. He said in NY it is illegal to use your phone while driving. State patrol has a device that picks up and locates call source. $1000 fine for truckers to be paid on the spot. He said you could drive 80mph out there, but don't use your phone. Illegal cell use makes more revenue than speeding tickets.

BTW If you want to see how dangerous texting is go to a local college campus. I can't tell you how many collisions with other people and solid objects I've witnessed. It is funny to watch until you realize they text while driving too.

Too bad they don't compile those stats. I bet it would be in the millions.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Brother-in-law was an OTR driver. He said in NY it is illegal to use your phone while driving. State patrol has a device that picks up and locates call source. $1000 fine for truckers to be paid on the spot. He said you could drive 80mph out there, but don't use your phone. Illegal cell use makes more revenue than speeding tickets.

BTW If you want to see how dangerous texting is go to a local college campus. I can't tell you how many collisions with other people and solid objects I've witnessed. It is funny to watch until you realize they text while driving too.

Too bad they don't compile those stats. I bet it would be in the millions.
Said NY law? I drive otr and have not yet seem this and I go through NY a good bet. If it's true? What about hands free devices?

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Texting is far more dangerous than driving without a seatbelt. I need my phone to make my living, but I would not be upset if they were automatically disabled at any speed over 10MPH. The technology is already there on every smart phone.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nothing wrong with passengers using their phones while the vehicle is in transit. Such a system cannot, it would appear, distinguish between the crew and passengers.
Here's a thought - punish the results (crashes) caused by bad driving - not the contributing negligent factors (booze, texting, sleep deprivation, whatever).

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I just wonder how the world survied up to now with out cell phones ...i say ban them all i hate a phucking cell phone i dont wanna be that conected

·
Registered
664 Posts
I just wonder how the world survied up to now with out cell phones
We survived not being able to easily reach our loved ones. That's not a time I care to revisit.

i say ban them all ... i dont wanna be that conected
Cell phones are optional. You needn't purchase one if you prefer not to be contacted.

·
TEAM CARB
45,214 Posts
Here's my take on all this, for whats it it's worth.
Eventually enough deaths or a horrific tragedy, a school bus, a car through a crowd, soccer mom and her kids killed due to texting or cell phone use will grab the nations attention. The media will act like it's a new found issue, people will demand action. Politicians will be forced to do something which they probably won't. The fight will turn to which party can make the other look less caring, ultimately they'll just kick it down the road. The cell industry will offer blocking technology as an option for parents. Insurance companies will give discount for installing it or maybe even require it. The judicial system will require blocker as part of the punishment for be caught texting or talking. For new drivers and under 18-21 will be required as part to have blockers as part of driving privilege's.
NAILED IT!

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
We survived not being able to easily reach our loved ones. That's not a time I care to revisit.

Cell phones are optional. You needn't purchase one if you prefer not to be contacted.
so you think when some idoit texting and kill them that phone gonna talk to the dead ..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts