Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been here a few months and I have a few hotrodding friends in the area now, I have watched three car deals go down and every time guns were added on one side or the other to sweeten the deal. They all say it's what they normally do and asked me why I didn't trade guns with my deals.

I drove my truck and goosenck trailer yesterday to pick up a 34 Ford ex super comp car with a BBC in it for my buddy down the street, he brought two rifles and a 45 just in case the seller wanted more.

Is this normal in Texas? I need to buy more guns for trading by the looks of things.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Heck, Id like those kind of deals. Havent ever had anyone offer to trade guns for stuff I had for sale but here in Alabama, have seen a lot of facebook sale pages and craigslist ads that iffer to trade guns or want guns for something they have.

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
We do this in Idaho. CL is a big pain in the ass because they don't allow WHAT IS LEGALLY traded and sold to be on their site, and yet they allow the pucking phudgepackers, scammers, and hors to work "freely."

This is WHY the new law in WA state is such a PITA, and it was PASSED with millions of dollars from people like Gates and Bloomberg. (Initiative 591) That motherfucker from "back east" helped get this passed. Falsely advertised as "closing the gun show loophole," it goes far beyond that, requiring a LICENSED DEALER to transfer guns between private parties.

This means that I, being a "border town" resident of ID, can no longer trade guns on a "deal" across the border in WA

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,141 Posts
BACK IN THE DAY...THE GUN WAS ALSO ON THE BILL OF SALE...WHICH WAS ALWAYS A LOWER PRICE...:)

·
FHRITP
50,673 Posts
BACK IN THE DAY...THE GUN WAS ALSO ON THE BILL OF SALE...WHICH WAS ALWAYS A LOWER PRICE...:)
Fuckin tax office got wise around here, don't matter if you paid a dollar for a car they look up the fair market value and charge tax on that. I use to feel bad about putting antique tags on everything that is 25 years or older not any more. Greedy motherfuckers

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Not uncommon. Was at a friends shop in Oklahoma where he showed me a new pistol he took in trade as part of the labor cost for a car repair.

·
Registered
22,771 Posts
Jeffery, I have a couple of Red Ryder 200 shot BB Guns that should be able to get me a fresh 632ci .

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
Wouldn't fly here, need a background check to transfer a gun here in CO.

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
We don't do it as often as we used to in Oklahoma. Used to take cows, funs, jewelry, land boats whatever in on trade as long as it had value and wasn't a human it was fair game.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Here in Kintukee, every deal includes a gun. Almost everything on a CL ad includes, "things that go bang".

I just say I still have some firecrackers left over from the 4th.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Fuckin tax office got wise around here, don't matter if you paid a dollar for a car they look up the fair market value and charge tax on that.
Same in this State now too!...

I recall (years ago) buying an '89 Accord (really clean) running on 3 cyls. for $500!...
License place told me it was worth $2500 and wanted me to pay tax on that amount!...
Went back to my shop and wrote up an estimate, to replace the engine and paid tax on $500!... ;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

I recall (years ago) buying an '89 Accord (really clean) running on 3 cyls. for $500!...
License place told me it was worth $2500 and wanted me to pay tax on that amount!...
Went back to my shop and wrote up an estimate, to replace the engine and paid tax on $500!... ;)
Damn, I need to try that!

·
FHRITP
50,673 Posts

I wonder if that would work here? I know I've bought non running cars and still get charged the fair market tax. I've butted heads with these clowns over and over.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I almost said how crazy that would be.. Then I remembered I traded $1500 and a kimber 45 for a clean little fox body coupe.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts