Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
aka old_shoe
15,116 Posts
It's already effectively legal in Oklahoma. Medicinal use is nothing more than a sympathetic-sounding term to pacify people who are against pot use. Walk into the doc's office, pay 200 or so for your marijuana recommendation ("Doctor, I suffer from depression"), and have at it. I don't know what pot costs on the street but for high-grade bought from a dispensary they're getting $300/oz for it in Oklahoma.

Texas never legalized gambling, but OK did, altho I'm not sure they make as much money from it as they thought they would. The potential pot market is much bigger than gambling in my estimation

·
Registered
34,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Our stupid Gov. here in MN. wants everyone on pot. I guess if it makes them lazy those idiots might not vote, then I'm for it.

Your Governor wants the tax money. Liberals rail against cigarette smoking (isn't marijuana smoking, smoking?) yet NYC doesn't mind at all - each pack is taxed $5.85 and the state as a whole collected over $1 billion last year in cig taxes. Smoke away; let the taxpayers and the insurance companies pay for your cancer and emphysema treatments.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you want you society to keep turning to shit - keep legalizing drugs!

For MOST people it won't matter, but for some...too many... It will lead to lives of sitting around smoking weed. Just like some people can't handle alcohol, some people are going to become hopelessly entangled in the drug culture.

·
FHRITP
48,833 Posts

For MOST people it won't matter, but for some...too many... It will lead to lives of sitting around smoking weed. Just like some people can't handle alcohol, some people are going to become hopelessly entangled in the drug culture.
You think the law is keeping pot smokers from sitting around smoking pot???

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don’t know if it’s changed any since 91 but in Baytown your ass will go to jail for 24hrs for having an open beer before high noon (gotta wait for the Baptist to get outta church) & it’ll cost you big $$.

Can’t imagine what those pompous assholes over there letting weed become legal.
You still can't buy beer before noon on Sundays, if that's what you're referring to. ...and of course, hard liquor can't be purchased at all on Sundays and can't be sold on other days past 9PM. I think midnight is the latest you can buy beer/wine, with the exception of 1AM on Saturdays...and 7AM the earliest.
Surprised me when I went to Illinois to visit in-laws and saw alcohol of all sorts sold 24X7

·
Registered
179 Posts

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect that; however, I disagree that legalizing Marijuana will have a detrimental effect on society, in partial or as a whole.
I'm not going to start comparing Alcohol and Marijuana together like they are anywhere near the same, but my opinion is that Alcohol is far more harmful to the body, and unlike Marijuana, can cause one to lose their ability to be coherent and over consumption can lead to death via Alcohol poisoning.
And for the record, Marijuana can be consumed in many forms and methods versus smoking alone.

$.02

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How many people really want to be paying to incarcerate people for smoking weed or anything else for that matter? Think of all the tax dollars that are wasted locking up stoners for non-violent offenses.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Be shocked to see Tejas legalize mj.
They're one of the last big states where you can get a night in the graybar hotel for possession of a joint.
Saw a Live PD show where a hot chick got a felony charge for possession of a THC vape pipe, in the state of Tx...
There is a push that is growing fairly rapidly in TX to decriminalize MJ. It will happen eventually.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts