Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't feel bad - I ripped an equally powerful brain fart over in one of the other threads a few hours ago. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the joke. :)
I did indeed...still embarrassed I didn't catch it first time around, but actually that in itself is pretty damn funny.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
LOL

Regarding Texas property tax, I don't know what they are in the big cities...where I am, the city values my property at $200K and the taxes run about $2800 annually. Not sure how that compares to places like Dallas. On the other hand, we don't have state income tax - so hopefully it balances out.
Collin County (Frisco, Plano, Allen, Parker, etc) taxes at 2.5% and Dallas county is 2.7%. In addition to the tax rate, my assessed values on all my properties have gone up every year since 2016. My tax bill for my house and a couple rentals in Richardson and Lower Greenville runs $33,500/year. My wife and I started looking in other areas, and taxes are much more reasonable outside the metroplex.

·
FORD
3,312 Posts
LOL

Regarding Texas property tax, I don't know what they are in the big cities...where I am, the city values my property at $200K and the taxes run about $2800 annually. Not sure how that compares to places like Dallas. On the other hand, we don't have state income tax - so hopefully it balances out.
I live in a small town closer to Oklahoma than Dallas, in Grayson county, and my property taxes were over $11K this year.

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
To me, it's a slippery slope. We've all seen the bad side of readily available alcohol and tobacco, and yet governments, in the pursuit of taxes and votes, turns a blind eye to ANY of the downsides that are already known about pot. And if anybody actually believes young teenagers won't be smoking pot, they're either amazingly naive, or amazingly stupid. We were drinking at 13-14, when the "legal" age was 21, and smoking at even a younger age. Nothing the libtards have tried has ever worked to curb smoking or drinking, so why not just add to the problems and hope everything works out. OR, maybe this is just a plan by the elites to make everyone dumb and compliant. LOL

·
Registered
751 Posts
its amazing how strict they are on weed, but you can buy beer at any gas station down there right ??? PA has beer distributes, more and more places are finally selling beer, but its not like every other state where you can just go into the gas station and get a 40
We even have drive through beer stores.

·
Pontiac "big block"
8,825 Posts
Ahh Texas. The state that loves to think they're above the other 49, and yet I'm hearing more and more people complain about Texas.

Felony for a joint? Hahaha

·
Registered
35,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I can see Oklahoma legalizing pot and they will own the Texas cannibis market

It's already effectively legal in Oklahoma. Medicinal use is nothing more than a sympathetic-sounding term to pacify people who are against pot use. Walk into the doc's office, pay 200 or so for your marijuana recommendation ("Doctor, I suffer from depression"), and have at it. I don't know what pot costs on the street but for high-grade bought from a dispensary they're getting $300/oz for it in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Be shocked to see Tejas legalize mj.
They're one of the last big states where you can get a night in the graybar hotel for possession of a joint.
Saw a Live PD show where a hot chick got a felony charge for possession of a THC vape pipe, in the state of Tx...
I guess you must have met a politician that wasn't in love with tax money, I sure haven't.

·
DamCoonass
14,588 Posts
You’re not gettin a felony for a joint here......unless you had a weapon or something with it.

And Tx being a red state is a faint memory, I’d imagine it’ll be blue next election or the one after.

I don’t know if it’s changed any since 91 but in Baytown your ass will go to jail for 24hrs for having an open beer before high noon (gotta wait for the Baptist to get outta church) & it’ll cost you big $$.

Can’t imagine what those pompous assholes over there letting weed become legal.

·
Registered
35,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You’re not gettin a felony for a joint here......unless you had a weapon or something with it.

And Tx being a red state is a faint memory, I’d imagine it’ll be blue next election or the one after.

I think it's a Class B misdemeanor unless you're selling it. And yep, by 2024 I'm thinking Texas will be blue as the Gulf of Mexico. It's already majority-minority.

Medical pot is being seriously considered this year in Texas, and at the very least I'd like to see it decriminalized. Go to jail for having a joint in your possession? Get a police record which could hinder your ability to get a good job? That's nuts.

·
FHRITP
49,682 Posts
I don’t know if it’s changed any since 91 but in Baytown your ass will go to jail for 24hrs for having an open beer before high noon (gotta wait for the Baptist to get outta church) & it’ll cost you big $$.

Can’t imagine what those pompous assholes over there letting weed become legal.
Hell lar told me a few days ago they hand you a ticket and turn you loose for anything under 4oz now.

·
DamCoonass
14,588 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
MJ legalization is nothing more than one of the best leftist scams of this century. I agree it increases tax revenue, the problem is that the states spend about 1.5X what they bring in. CA, OR, WA, CO for example all spend more money regulating the industry than the tax brings in in the first place so they are net negative. So it is pretty easy to see how the scam works. They put in on the ballot, garner way more votes for the left which moves the state even further to the left. Then the new law increases tax revenue which gives the leftists more money to expand the government/regulatory agencies. None of these states have reduced the tax burden on the common taxpayer and all of them are still deficit spending. You know that saying about a bank takes in $1M, it can loan out $10M? That is what the states are doing with every dime they get from MJ but on a take in $1M spend $1.5M ratio.

I am glad TX is avoiding it, it will be the death of the Red State if they do.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts