Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the doctor last week and had blood drawn to check my testosterone levels. I got the results thru email today. Anybody know if these levels are good or bad.

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) 34L

Pregnenolone, LC/MS 8L

I have no idea what any of this means.
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DHEA, Unconjugated
Reference Range: 147-1760 ng/dL

Pregnenolone, LC/MS
8 L
Reference Range: 22-237 ng/dL

This is what it showed.

·
Registered
43,040 Posts
I think someone fucked up. The second one is considered the mother's hormone I believe. Sure as fuck isn't testosterone.

·
Registered
48,603 Posts
I don't think you got a testosterone test.

Pregnenolone is a chemical that is found in our bodies. It can also be made in a laboratory. People use it for medicine.

Pregnenolone is used for autism, back pain, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support its use.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
OP needs to get his "affairs" in order! :eek:

TIP! Go to a real American doctor (not a Indian doc in a box) and get retested!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
800 to 1000 for t level

My last free was 29

Estrogen under 40

I hit the gym 3 days a week.

The deal with getting on trt is if you are a couch potato prior to and don't make lifestyle changes, you will be a bigger couch potato. You need to exercise to see the best results.

·
Registered
252 Posts
800 to 1000 for t level

My last free was 29

Estrogen under 40

The deal with getting on trt is if you are a couch potato prior to and don't make lifestyle changes, you will be a bigger couch potato. You need to exercise to see the best results.
Nice how old are you and what all do you take.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Nice how old are you and what all do you take.
46 and I do injections for T and take an estrogen blocker along with clomid to help with testes atrophy. Took a little over a year to find the right balance for me.

Occasionally I donate blood as you can get a condition where your red cells enlarge causing high blood pressure. It's a good cause and they love seeing me as I am O-.

Nothing but great results and would recommend to any aging male.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
To the OP,

Get a new doctor, yours is an idiot and probably has no idea how to diagnose low T (there can be a lot of causes other than routine aging) or treat low t.

If you need TRT its worth considering but starting on TRT without first doing a full investigation is a BAD idea, that is very common.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am 55. I do have some health problems. I have a blood clotting disease I have had clots in my lungs and most recently I had a 100% blockage in my Iliac Artery and almost lost my right leg. They went in and put a stent up close to my stomach. The next day they had to do emergency surgery. The stent had clotted and I had clots all the way down to left calf. That was two years ago. Last August they had to go back in to look at the stent and it had clotted again. They also put 3 more stents in. I am on blood thinners also. I have what is called Peripheral Vascular Disease. I don't know if that has anything to do with the Low T or not. All I know is my celebrity crushes could walk in naked and It would still be dead and not move. I also want to sleep all the time. I wake up at 6.00 am, take my meds and am asleep again by 7.00 am. Then I will sleep till about 4.00 pm and be back asleep by 11.00 pm. They have me taking large amounts of Gabapentin.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
You should 100% tell any Dr you talk to about this. I would NOT start HRT personally. It can thicken your blood.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm 74 and have been on the all meat carnivore diet the last three years. Morning wood has returned.

I asked my doc to check my T and it came in at 521.

·
1,883 Posts
What's your total testosterone?
Total Free testosterone?
32 :devilish:
800 to 1000 for t level

My last free was 29

Estrogen under 40

I'm 74 and have been on the all meat carnivore diet the last three years. Morning wood has returned.

I asked my doc to check my T and it came in at 521.
Not bad for 74. Try Saw Palmetto 3x a day and that morning wood will turn into a Tee Pee in the morning.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I also want to sleep all the time. I wake up at 6.00 am, take my meds and am asleep again by 7.00 am. Then I will sleep till about 4.00 pm and be back asleep by 11.00 pm. They have me taking large amounts of Gabapentin.
That's one hell of a sleep schedule. That could be caused by a few different things. Gabapentin is not one of them.

It is mostly for nerve pain. It keeps me awake and if I was drinking beer at the sane time it will cause me to drink more and faster and not really notice it right away. But other than that it can cause stomach issues with certain people.

·
Former RJ instigator
43,107 Posts
That's one hell of a sleep schedule. That could be caused by a few different things. Gabapentin is not one of them.

It is mostly for nerve pain. It keeps me awake and if I was drinking beer at the sane time it will cause me to drink more and faster and not really notice it right away. But other than that it can cause stomach issues with certain people.
Just like any drug, it can affect people differently, I was prescribed gabapentin back when I was having nerve pain in my right leg, that shit knocked my dick in the dirt, it didn't doo shit for my pain but if nothing else, it helped me with my sleep better, 2 pills and I was out like a light, oddly enough, any kind of hydrocodone based pain meds make me wired for sound, but it knocks my wife out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts