Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big congratulations to Terry Spargo on setting your national record this past weekend in Mission, BC! A/AP 6.61 at 209!

Next time I see you I want your autograph you rockstar!

·
Registered
372 Posts
A big congratulations to Terry Spargo on setting your national record this past weekend in Mission, BC! A/AP 6.61 at 209!

Next time I see you I want your autograph you rockstar!
Thank you Yvonne, your the one that impresses me with your driving ability along with the killer tuneups by Mike.
The fresh engine a 714ci 5.3 bore spacing Hemi with Big Stuff 3 EFI and 16 injectors performed good since upgrading to a new fuel delivery system. Its the long distance tuning of Todd Hoerner @ Sonny's that gets the credit for the power after only a couple of passes. It did back to back 210's with a best 210.82 mph. On the last pass attempt the air was great but the sky overcast and the track cold so when Todd added more power the track couldn't hold it so it went into instant shake. It's still got another .10th in it with a little more tweeking.
Thanks again Yvonne, Terry..:drinkers:

·
Banned
9,373 Posts
Sucks you're in a shitty class and that only put you at 55 under! I wish NHRA would give some back to the classes that got beat to shit. It was a hell of a run! Still can't believe Huhtala's run though...that could remain the run of the year for comp.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Congrats Terry,that thing will fly if you get it on a good track.The track prep was dismal during qualifying.... Brandons little 341 was spinning all thru 2nd,3rd and 4th gears. It never does that. Looseing Mark as the chief starter for div 6 really sucks.

It was funny looking at the qual sheets and seeing Brandon's C/A with his N/A 341 could have qualifyed in the top half in both Top Sportsman and Top Dragster......

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks Mark, yes, the track wasn't the same, my .990's were in the 1.015-1.045 60' range and Curt, listening to the pa, you were flying...only to be beat by a .ooo rt well done my friend

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Thanks Mark, yes, the track wasn't the same, my .990's were in the 1.015-1.045 60' range and Curt, listening to the pa, you were flying...only to be beat by a .ooo rt well done my friend
Terry,you pick up that much in 60' and you will be in the 6.40's easy....:cool:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Congrats Terry on the great performance & new record! What tires were you on?

Hope to see you at a track soon in the next few weeks. Stay safe.
Mike, I was on the Goodyear 1022 but I'm going to try the Hoosier 18780 which apparently the Prostock are using in the ADRL.

Mark is right about the track can you believe my 6 sec @ 209.33 pass had a 1.094 60'....lol..lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrates Terry......and for sure Todd is a wealth of information. He has been my insperation on building my car since he left town. I had no car to wrench on anymore so I'm building my own toy. Todd could make a Refridgerator run fast. He has that much talent. Sonny is very lucky to have him on board.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Mike, I was on the Goodyear 1022 but I'm going to try the Hoosier 18780 which apparently the Prostock are using in the ADRL.

Mark is right about the track can you believe my 6 sec @ 209.33 pass had a 1.094 60'....lol..lol
Terry, you will like the 18780. We tried them in Vegas and they worked well. Seemed to be a little more forgiving. I just put on a set of the new 14" wide MT slicks which are a 34.5 replacement tire. Rollout on ours is 107½" & they require tubes. Might be something to look at. I'll let you know how they work.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Thanks Terry - yep - guy put an .008 PACKAGE on me - -just dont know why I couldnt get inside that - lol - my second round spun the tire bad and went into nasty shake - 1.06 60' once I got the "issues" figured out- Car was running well for a reall soft tune up -

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Terry, you will like the 18780. We tried them in Vegas and they worked well. Seemed to be a little more forgiving. I just put on a set of the new 14" wide MT slicks which are a 34.5 replacement tire. Rollout on ours is 107½" & they require tubes. Might be something to look at. I'll let you know how they work.
Mike,why do the new MT 14" Pro Mod tires require tubes? I'd be scared as hell to run tubes in a tire that wads up as much as a pro mod tire. Could very easy rip the tube apart.

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
Congrats Terry, I was watching on live timing. Mabey I will meet you down there next year, I plan on trying my luck running TS

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Mike,why do the new MT 14" Pro Mod tires require tubes? I'd be scared as hell to run tubes in a tire that wads up as much as a pro mod tire. Could very easy rip the tube apart.
Not sure exactly, but when I talked with Buddy at MT, he said "tubes required". Billy Glidden & Jeff Naiser have been developing/testing them for two years and from what reports are from both them and some teams who got some a few weeks ago is they work very very well and the numbers seem to prove it out. There was a big waiting list when I ordered ours a couple months ago.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I totally agree that tire works well, I got to see it run in person last year... Just wierd that it requires tubes but they know more then I ever will know about tires!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Congrats Terry, I was watching on live timing. Mabey I will meet you down there next year, I plan on trying my luck running TS
Thank you Bear, I did a double take looking at your racecar until I realized it was once owned by my friend Barry Daniluk, the movable steering column gave it away...until we meet, good luck in TS..:)

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
Thank you Bear, I did a double take looking at your racecar until I realized it was once owned by my friend Barry Daniluk, the movable steering column gave it away...until we meet, good luck in TS..:)
LOL,that was one of the main selling features, last year I put my 72 Camaro intothe wall because I didn't have the steering wheel fully attached and it came off on launch with the front wheels about 4 feet off the ground, it ended badly LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts