Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
39,906 Posts
That's not what I meant. I like to race as much as anyone else but to just wear my motor out week after week for no chance of decent money doesnt appeal to me but some people do.
People that make statements like that usually aren't very good racers to begin with.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You are entitled to you're opinion 100%. Alot of guys I race with do the same thing. I will hit a local bracket race here and there to test out a new combo or something, but as far as every week no I wont do that. I look at it as my car my decision.

·
Registered
15,661 Posts
I know people who probably averaged 20k in winnings per year over the last 10 years. some years 40k other years 15K. All done with a car that is worth 10-15K turn key. They race local weekly brackets and hit a few well known big buck races (box /no box or both classes)a year.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I know people who probably averaged 20k in winnings per year over the last 10 years. some years 40k other years 15K. All done with a car that is worth 10-15K turn key. They race local weekly brackets and hit a few well known big buck races (box /no box or both classes)a year.
Local guy/family friend is the same way. Car looks like a pile but he wins the same kind of money you just mentioned. Hell, he just put aluminum heads on it about 4 years ago lol. He is almost at 100 wins in SP. I've beat him before so I guess I just got lucky because I'm not a good racer :)

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
I didn’t build my car to win $$, it was built because i love to race, if I happen to win anything at all then great if not o well ,I spent xxx amount on a hobby and now the track will not pay me $20,000 to win , you ass clowns are in the wrong sport, hell i will race for absolutely free , blow my motor apart and still leave the track with a smile

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I guess all these guys that race the big $$ bracket races and Force, Hagen, Enders, are all ass clowns because they want to win big $$$. Ask any racer that shows up at a big event why they are there...one word the $$$$ Simply put these big $$$ races are becoming popular why..the money. Look at the class count on say Top, or FB at a little to no money payout..then count the cars at say the million, or spring fling, or the loose rocker races. Hell they pay more for 3rd and 4th round wins than winning a local bracket race. Alot of ass clowns in this sport I guess.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I guess all these guys that race the big $$ bracket races and Force, Hagen, Enders, are all ass clowns because they want to win big $$$. Ask any racer that shows up at a big event why they are there...one word the $$$$ Simply put these big $$$ races are becoming popular why..the money. Look at the class count on say Top, or FB at a little to no money payout..then count the cars at say the million, or spring fling, or the loose rocker races. Hell they pay more for 3rd and 4th round wins than winning a local bracket race. Alot of ass clowns in this sport I guess.
Stop wasting time on this. You can race however you want. I'm building my car for big money bracket racing as well. I gave up racing for trophies when I stopped racing BMX at 15 years old. It doesn't matter how much money you have in your car and it doesn't matter when and where you decide to race your car. Oh and you left out a couple of names like Langdon, Connelly,Coughlins all of them I've seen in the staging lanes at various big money bracket races.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
There aren't a lot of big money races that pay 3rd or 4th round. Very few actually.
Anyone can race whatever they like. But to say that you will only race big money races for economic reasons is kind of a funny defense to me. Take something risky and expensive and increase the risk of taking home no money and increase the amount of entry fee. It make no more sense than any other racing justification. I race because I want to. I can afford to. I don't need to justify it monetarily to anyone.

·
Registered
13,593 Posts
Stop wasting time on this. You can race however you want. I'm building my car for big money bracket racing as well. I gave up racing for trophies when I stopped racing BMX at 15 years old. It doesn't matter how much money you have in your car and it doesn't matter when and where you decide to race your car. Oh and you left out a couple of names like Langdon, Connelly,Coughlins all of them I've seen in the staging lanes at various big money bracket races.
As long as it's not a dragster. :) Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I would rather have a track to race at next year, than a payout, with no track to race at next year
It's funny the thought of no payout is humorous to many racers. Yes. The money has made me more hungry and more motivated and I know it does the same for others. But I really just like kicking someone elses ass at the strip. The fact that they want to win because of the money makes it more interesting.
I would in an instant, enter LOCAL races with small entry fees and either small or no payout. Maybe just burgers on the grill with friends.

What?! Why would you have a $50k dragster (or whatever, i'm sure mine isn't worth anywhere near that) to race for nothing?
Well
Why would you have a $50k dragster to race for a long shot at $10k to win? And probably split it?
Maybe we like to go fast and compete? Maybe we like to go to the strip with our families and hang out with others that have similar interests and figure out who the best racer is that day?

·
Registered
21,648 Posts
It's funny the thought of no payout is humorous to many racers. Yes. The money has made me more hungry and more motivated and I know it does the same for others. But I really just like kicking someone elses ass at the strip. The fact that they want to win because of the money makes it more interesting.
I would in an instant, enter LOCAL races with small entry fees and either small or no payout. Maybe just burgers on the grill with friends.

What?! Why would you have a $50k dragster (or whatever, i'm sure mine isn't worth anywhere near that) to race for nothing?
Well
Why would you have a $50k dragster to race for a long shot at $10k to win? And probably split it?
Maybe we like to go fast and compete? Maybe we like to go to the strip with our families and hang out with others that have similar interests and figure out who the best racer is that day?
your last sentence is SPOT ON!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts