Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,612 Posts
I have no idea what this event this is, but the entry fees do not cover the purse. $200 x 32 = $6,400. Is this an event that draws a lot of spectators? Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Sound more like a terrific instead of terrible payout. As Tom mentioned the entry fees don't even cover the payout. They must be relying on spectator or sponsorship/advertising revenue to cover the payout.

·
Registered
15,703 Posts
Like Tom396 said, I dont know what kind of race this is, but $7400 for a 5 round race is not to bad

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
It takes an enormous amount of money to operate a race track. Just the amount paid to insure the property is staggering. This money needs to come from entry fees, spectator admission, concessions stands, etc. I think his payout is very generous . . . . . . . .

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,832 Posts
2o years ago...... I said that Drag racing heads up class racin needs to change payouts as it is expensive and if u pay big money to win, noting down the line like circle track and people wonder why heads up car counts on a local monthly level has dropped. Big shows seems not to matter, people want to hang.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
2o years ago...... I said that Drag racing heads up class racin needs to change payouts as it is expensive and if u pay big money to win, noting down the line like circle track and people wonder why heads up car counts on a local monthly level has dropped. Big shows seems not to matter, people want to hang.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Sorry about the above quote, it's either this site or my computer but I have problems posting a reply at times.
Now to the OP
Honestly what do you think the entry/payout should be? Is this a heads up race,index race or bracket race? Is it sponsored? What track is it at? Is it a stand alone event or is it part of a bigger show? All of these and more are factors that would effect how the race payout is structured. Race tracks are businesses and should be profitable along with providing entertainment for the spectator and a good experience for the participant. Not an easy thing to do which is why tracks disappear.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok more details, I guess what I am saying is , $5000 to win 2000 runner up , 200 for the semis. Yes heads up small tire, lots of people last year! Everyone up front could use some travel money just saying!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ok more details, I guess what I am saying is , $5000 to win 2000 runner up , 200 for the semis. Yes heads up small tire, lots of people last year! Everyone up front could use some travel money just saying!
not being a dick here. trying to understand
they are paying out more than they are taking in
you want them to pay travel money when they are already going backwards
unless this is part of some big show where they are getting their money back though sponsors etc, this is a really poor business model.
unless this is some jet car or nitro booked in show, I dont know of anyone getting travel money. Help me out here, I guess i dont see any justification from the tracks perspective to do what you are asking? More details might help.

·
FHRITP
49,939 Posts
So you want the track to pay your travel expenses to come to a race that’s paying more than what the purse is takin in?

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I think he is suggesting that there were lots of spectators last year and the racers are entitled to some of the gate money from fans. Is that correct? Because he must be running top fuel or a wheelie stander or jet car or something that made all those people pay to get in.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Why are payouts so screwed up? $200 entry 32 car field $7400 to win! That’s it.
Perhaps you should try running a business with real AR and AP's. Then try to run a drag race track. Any idea how much track prep cost in glue and man hours? Or how about bathroom cleaning and trash patrol after the event. Or the upkeep and repair of track equipment. Or the cost to have that ambulance sitting at the end of the track?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
idea why don't you racers get together in the semi's and split the purse or is that to hard to figure out

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
idea why don't you racers get together in the semi's and split the purse or is that to hard to figure out
If this is what the OP is thinking, I don't completely disagree. Just split it.
Attracting racers seems to be all about top heavy payout structures. I have to say I find races that have some round money early a lot more fun. Win the second round and get entry back? Kinda nice. But it dilutes the winner payout.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts