Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago, my son got me a gift cert. from Snake River Farms.
So, I tried some of these.
Unbelievable!!
Food Ingredient Cuisine Rectangle Beef

I baked them at 250 deg till the internal temp hit 115.
Food Ingredient Recipe Home appliance Kitchen appliance

Then I seared them in garlic herb butter to around 135 deg.
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

Had to roast some potatoes in the garlic butter. (y)
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Dish

Tin foil tent for about 10 min. They kept on cookin to 145 deg.
Shoe Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Perfect!!
Food Ingredient Recipe Wood Cuisine

Food Blue Ingredient Recipe Wood

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks AMAZING! I could eat all that myself (without the potatoes :D)
I just went to the site. Is that the American Wagyu? Some premium products they sell.
Yes it is. American Black Grade Wagyu. These were $48.00 for the 2.
They say average weight is 2 pounds but, the total weight was only 20.32 oz.
I also bought some sliced NY Strip for $44.00. They say the average weight of those are 18 oz. but, I haven't looked at them yet.
I`ll make them next week.
So yeah, prices are up there but, they were excellent.

Reactions: Sardeanie2

·
Trolling the Trolls
16,929 Posts
145 yikes!!, that's a bit too done for my liking, and I need some heavy char on the crust, don't get me wrong, they look good and I'd still eat that plate!
+5-8 after resting so pulled at around 135 and it crept up?

To me, after resting this is still under cooker, I still ate it though. I prefer it to look like that when pulled off the grill and almost no pink after resting 10 minutes while tented.

Now a girl I live with for a while and here Dad, they pull steaks out of the freezer the day before cooking, then toss them on a HOT grill to mark the. I swear those "blue" steak wear still mooing when they were cut into.

·
Former RJ instigator
43,965 Posts
+5-8 after resting so pulled at around 135 and it crept up?

To me, after resting this is still under cooker, I still ate it though. I prefer it to look like that when pulled off the grill and almost no pink after resting 10 minutes while tented.

Now a girl I live with for a while and here Dad, they pull steaks out of the freezer the day before cooking, then toss them on a HOT grill to mark the. I swear those "blue" steak wear still mooing when they were cut into.
Fuck all that resting and redistributing the juices horse shit, I put them bitches on a warm plate soon as they come off the grill, who wants to eat a luke warm steak?, I certainly don't.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fuck all that resting and redistributing the juices horse shit, I put them bitches on a warm plate soon as they come off the grill, who wants to eat a luke warm steak?, I certainly don't.
It really isnt lukewarm. They do continue to cook after they come out of the pan for another 5 to10 minutes or so and the temp rises.
I took these off at 135 and they rose to 145 while sitting.
I`ve cooked steaks and cut them right away and they seemed tougher than when I let the rest a few minutes.

Reactions: Mista Bone

·
Former RJ instigator
43,965 Posts
It really isnt lukewarm. They do continue to cook after they come out of the pan for another 5 to10 minutes or so and the temp rises.
I took these off at 135 and they rose to 145 while sitting.
I`ve cooked steaks and cut them right away and they seemed tougher than when I let the rest a few minutes.
If they weren't tender, you're not buying a good enough steak...lol

I am in love with our local Kroger meat department, they recently started stock wagyu steaks, pricy but holy shit, good stuff, last weekend I grilled some wagyu top sirloin steaks that were as tender as any prime filet I ever ate, they were incredible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts